41. Tokyo

Hey, do you know that meme - "it aint much but it's honest work"? 😆

Anyway, I have just as much as this already written so expect another chapter in a few days 😏

Also I've made my inner peace with how to finish this story already so I could finally start the next one🙈

It was almost four o' clock on Thursday when I met the little group, ready to leave for the fan zone beside the track. Max was fiddling with his phone not even looking at me, while Vicki and Daniel were smiling already like crazy from afar. 

“Hello,” I smiled back at them. 

“Hi,” said Vicki but the next second her phone went off. She answered it before saying a silent but furious "Fuck!" and didn’t even hang up until we arrived at the session. 

I felt a soft touch on the small of my back. I turned to my side, and saw Daniel smirking down at me. 

“Hey,” he smiled. “I missed you this morning,” he said just loud enough for me to hear. His closeness could have been enough to make me blush on the cheeks not to mention these words. I tried to rub the itch to hug him right there with a comeback. 

“Well, I've been missing you all day,” I snapped.

Maybe it was a bit childish, but I craved so much touching his soft, curly hair, and kissing his lips so much at that moment. Not being able to do that anytime I wanted - especially that we spent the last few days close together - made me angry and bitter.  

We couldn’t even finish our little encounter because Aurelie arrived and we needed to leave asap for their next event on the list. 

In the fan zone the atmosphere was really unique - one might even say crazy. There was an incredible amount of fans waiting with the hope to catch a glimpse of their favourite drivers, and the lines for the autograph session were so long I was sure there’s no way of finishing it the whole weekend - not in two hours. 

“Super Max-Max-Max-Super Max,” we could hear in the loud cheering, also with a lot of “Daniel!” “Honey badger is here!” 

My newly developed jealousy growled in my stomach repeatedly but then I saw the guys getting excited and smiling like freaks - they couldn't have been more enthusiastic about meeting their fans - so I just accepted that today is not going to be a romantic night either. 

I sat down next to Vicki with a defeated sigh.

“Japan is always like that,” she seemed to read my mind. “Well, last year the typhoon made a lot of things easier,” she chuckled. “Guys only left their rooms to play FIFA with each other. God, I was almost bored! Most important task for the whole day was to prevent Lando from live streaming, especially when Max lost the final match to Carlos. You can imagine," she gave me a side eye as I giggled. "But now it's twice as crowded than usual because of all the missed meetings last year,” she nodded. 

“Yes, I guess I see that,” I agreed scanning the crowd once again. 

Vicki rested her gaze a second longer on me, and it occured to me that something else might be also on the table. 

“So,” she started again with a snug smile on her face after a few silent minutes, but she was cut by her phone that rang again.

She excused herself with a death stare on her phone and walked a few steps away before answering it. I sighed, crossed my arms huffishly and leaned back in my seat. 

And now, that’ll be it. She usually speaks for hours

For a while I watched the guys having fun with the fans before my encounter with Charles found its way back to my consciousness.