3. Cozy in the rocket

Next day I got up early thanks for the jetlag. 

I decided on having a nice bath before going down to the restaurant to have breakfast. I slept like a baby all night so I felt refreshed and excited.

That day was the race, and that also meant it was customary to dress up nicely. I put on a colorful long skirt and a black top with heels and sunglasses. The weather was nice and sunny just like yesterday. 

While I was in the bath I was reading about yesterday’s qualifying session so there was a chance I would understand what is happening on the grid. Most importantly Max was on pole, but he was closely followed by Leclerc then Vettel. The mercedes cars were fourth and fifth and then came Daniel on the sixth place. The team had high hopes for both cars - but I guess that was the case at every race.

The restaurant was already half full of people eating breakfast. I saw Max sitting with his trainer Jake who I've met the other day so I decided to join them. 

"Morning guys," I greeted them and they moved their things on the table to make some room for my plate. 

"Hey Clara" Max was cheerful and looked well rested. "Did you sleep well?" He asked and had a sip of his orange juice.

"Yes, thanks for the room again" I smiled at him. They were nearly ready to go, but decided to wait for me a little so i didn’t have to eat alone. The two guys began to talk about the warm up session waiting for Max before the race. While eating my eyes began to wander around the room.

Two tables away from us were sitting Daniel with his trainer Michael. God, those two guys looked like models on a photoshoot. They both wore the red bull uniform and were talking quietly while eating and browsing on their phones. Dan had a gentle smile on his face and at once he's found something interesting because he bit his lower lip and showed something to Michael - both of them laughed out loudly.

Max probably realised I’m watching them because he turned to me asking "Hey you know what?"

I looked at him questioningly.

"Last night Dan asked me if we were together" he grinned. 

I frowned. "What would make him think that?"

"I dunno" Max shrugged. "Maybe because people saw us together yesterday in the paddock and also at the dinner."

I still didn’t understand. "OK, but there were like fifty other people around!" I said offended but he smirked at me.

"Oh well I think the extra reasons are that I don’t have an official girlfriend and you are a beautiful and mysterious young lady who happens to be around" he grinned and I instantly felt the blush on my face. 

"Well, thanks Max," I got embarrassed so I started to scratch my neck. I could never take compliments. Not that I got a lot lately and my ex was everything but a romantic type so he has nearly never said anything like that to me. 

"Anyways, I told him that we’ve met in London but only spent a night together" he said grinning like a fool.

"MAX!" I was louder than expected in the quiet cafeteria and a couple of heads turned towards us. Including Daniel’s.

"Hahaha, sorry I couldn’t miss this chance! And it's all true" he laughed. 

"Fuck you," I coursed but laughed anyways. That should’ve been the highlight of his morning and I've finished eating anyway so we got our stuff and left the restaurant. 

It was about time to go. It was still early - around 11 am - but most of the people were already at the circuit making preparations for the race.