40. Love me now

There is so much bad happening out there right now, felt like writing again to make myself comfortable forgetting about all that. If anybody still reads this - hey I hope you have a nice day.

Well, Japan won’t be my favourite stop of the season - however promising it seemed while I was daydreaming on the inbound flight. 

"Japan is always crazy!" A devilish grin appeared on Daniel's unshaven cheeks. "Crazy with so much awesomeness!" 

I nodded, smiling. The thought made me curious since I always wanted to visit Japan. No matter that it's only for a few days and probably none of the famous sights but still - I wiggled a little in my seat to get a glance through the small window. 

As soon as we landed, I allowed Daniel to go ahead so to establish a distance which was not suspicious. 

"See you," I murmured under my breath, while I hoped I didn't sound very sulky. 

The reporters and fans were already all over the place with shirts and flags and dolls - I understand the crazy part now, I mumbled while walking to collect my suitcase. 

I passed a moderately huge crowd - in the middle I couldn't miss the brown, Aussie locks of hair. Everyone was asking Daniel for photos and autographs. 

It was surprising how these people were passionate about motorsport and people in it. Later, I even saw a life sized paper Britta held by a fan in head to toe Ferrari merchandise. I made sure to take a picture to show it to her when we meet. 

I was totally amazed by this passion but a wee bit annoyed by it at the same time. As the crowd basically swallowed Daniel, I felt alone at once. Sure, it was essential for me to stay behind since we didn’t want to get the talk to go around. 

Ironically, I found myself in a similar situation a few months before - the feeling of guilt and sourness swept over my chest as I remembered my time with Charles - still, it struck me now as somehow different. 

I was totally aware of the fact that this weekend is the most busy stop of the calendar followed by incredible local media attention - Red Bull Racing particularly because of their collaboration with Honda, alongside the usual fuss. 

I really wanted to be compassionate about the whole weekend, but falling in a second from the warm embrace of Daniel’s and the happy family bubble in Perth to lurking around in the Suzuka Airport alone, looking for a taxi to take me to the hotel really felt like a cold shower. 

I know, I wanted it this way. But it still felt like shit. 

Whatever. 

I finally got out of the terminal and was dragging my suitcase towards a line of some taxis. 

“Miss!” A young taxi driver saw my desperation and waved. “Miss, I take you! Where to?"

That’s when it hit me how big of a fucking bloody idiot I was. 

I stopped and it made the young guy confused. “Miss?” He asked again, now with a frown. 

I didn’t even know where I was supposed to go! I never asked the name of the hotel! I just blindly hopped on a plane with Daniel and let him… enchant me. 

Fuck, Clara. You’ve survived on your own in a military zone deep in Africa and save lives for a living. People might think you are not entirelly dumb.

Struck by the realisation, I pulled my suitcase a bit away from the taxis to feel a little less awkward and took my phone to furiously tap through my contact list.