31. Love me less

HIII everyone.😊 I'm so happy I finally finished this chapter. It was a tough one to write, mainly because I wanted it to be perfect.
Well it isn't. But hey, nothing and nobody is perfect. So, here you are... 😘

Next day I woke up late but well rested and felt to be in a good mood. I've realised how late it was when I saw Charles was already gone. It was past noon when he returned.

"Good morning ma belle," he smiled and planted a kiss on my lips. "I brought you breakfast," he put a bag in front of me.

I can't say I wasn't flattered when I saw the croissant and the coffee inside.

"Thank you so much," I started to munch immediately. "Don't you eat?" I asked him after destroying the first half of the pastry.

He grinned, and shook his head.

"No way, I had my protein shake in the morning and worked out with Andrea. He ordered me to maintain my diet no matter the spell of yours," he explained while he removed his training shirt and headed to the bathroom. My eyes sneaked to inspect his perfect figure, his sculpted abdomen and muscular arms.

"God, you make me feel being such a waste," I sighed.

He giggled while he shook his head and left to have a shower.

"You can always join me if you want," he said before closing the bathroom door.

I laid back in the bed and checked my messages while sipped on my coffee.

I was curious about Vicki and Jake, I was wondering if he asked her already to marry or he left it for her birthday. I bit my lip in excitement as I typed in my text to her saying happy birthday. She should call me when she feels like.

I saw that I'd got two unread texts, one was from Victoria telling me that I should be ashamed of myself to leave her at the party alone. I scoffed, because I was dead sure she had enough fun anyway.

The other one was from Daniel.

Where are you?

It was sent long after I left. I scoffed, and left his message unanswered. It wasn't like it was still an actual thing.

In any sense.

As we've agreed with the others we met at the pier in the late afternoon, so we'd get onboard and see the sun set over the horizon looking back at the city of Monaco.

Saying that Cate's uncle have a bigger yacht was an understatement. It was a huge one - and could accommodate over 20 people comfortably.

"Bonjour les gars," Charles greeted the hosts, Cate and Pierre were standing at the stairs smiling. "Merci pour l'invitation."

"You are welcome, have fun," Cate waved us to get inside. "Here is your room key, just get settled while we wait for the others," she handed me a key.

We got on the yacht and set to find our cabin to put down our bags. It was around the middle of the boat, and the inside of the room was also spacious and comfortable.

As soon as we've settled in, I heard some familiar sounds from the other side of the wall.

"Geee' man, that's what you call a yacht! Wow. Just wow."

Daniel.

"Yes, it's something."

Gosh I could see Max' so-not-amazed expression in my imagination. I snorted.

"Oh don't be an asshole, you can show me you're impressed."

"Well, actually my cousin..."

"Hello Max! Hi honey!" That was the point I rolled my eyes and continued my way to the bathroom.