Chapter Forty-six

A/n: I really have to dedicate this new chapter to @sidqwe.
Your votes and support are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Anyways, please enjoy!!

Happy Reading!!
😎🤓😎
---------------------------------------------

The Black and White Catfight

Shawn and the girl gaped up in horror at the monstrous bird circling above them. Its big yellow eyes were glaring down as it let out loud excited screeches. It appeared to be rejoicing at the prospect of now having two delicious meals at once. The bird was truly relentless.

Just like before, Shawn dashed for the trees for cover, but how could the bird allow it. It quickly swooped down and crash-landed ahead of them. With its broad wings spread-out to corner the boy from bypassing, it began pecking with its huge beak and clawing with its deadly talons at them. Shawn was forced to quickly double back. His plan was hampered by the clever bird.

"Shit! We're totally fucked!" he cried out in dread because the only plausible escape was through swimming across the river. However, that would be a huge blunder. They would be easy pickings in the water for the flying bird

The girl immediately shouted, "What are you waiting for? Use your fire to scare it away!"

"Huh? What if you get hurt by the flames?" the boy shot back in concern.

"What?" The girl was flummoxed. "How would I? Are you not an elementalist fire mage?"

What the girl didn't know was that Shawn wasn't fully confident in controlling his Eternal Flames while still carrying her in his arms. Every time he blazed his hands, he was either scorching or blasting off something. Wouldn't the girl get burnt if the flames sprout out? In reality, she should. Then again, if that was true, why has he never burned his clothes? These thoughts made the introverted boy to overthink.

"Look out!" the girl screamed abruptly.

Shawn was stirred from his momentary daze, only to pale in terror and rashly dodge a vicious swipe of the bird's big talon. Regrettably, he lost his footing and both fell. That was a fatal mistake because, the bird was already upon them trying to eat them.

Their predicament left Shawn with no option. He had to cast the flames or get devoured.

Boom!

That was the loud blasting sound made after the ball of flames directly struck the bird's head. The creature hastily backed away while crying in agony and madly thrashed around. Shawn immediately checked the girl and sighed in relief upon seeing her unscathed. He then got up and confidently faced the bird with his arms blazing.

"Yeah, it hurts doesn't it? That's what you get for chasing me ever since. You chose the wrong prey, birdie!" the boy gloated.

The girl glanced up at him curiously and asked, "You have encountered this creature before?"

Shawn flinched upon recalling how he had run for dear life and grumbled, "Well, of course. This damn Godzilla bird has been after me since morning. It's not like there are no other prey around."

"Godzilla bird...?" The girl's white eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

Shawn almost facepalmed himself and said, "Never mind."

The girl didn't question further and turned to look at the still agonizing bird. Its head would definitely have a severe burned wound.

She soon commented, "It is quite strange for this creature to be this far away from its usual habitat."