Chapter Nineteen

Set... Ready... Battle!

"Grandfather, there is no need to waste your breath on these brutes. It is clear their minds are only filled with brawns instead of wits," Brendon scorned in a soft voice.

Shawn and everyone else were left dumbfounded, but all for the different reasons. The boy's face looked weird because Brendon's voice was so soft it sounded feminine. Just hearing it gave him the jitters. The others were just shocked a youngster would speak such arrogantly and belittlingly to a hot-tempered man like General Khan. As expected, the fuse was lit and the General exploded like a dirty bomb.

"What did you just say, you little brat?" The ferocious General jumped to his feet with a mad roar.

His three sons followed suit with contorted faces that screamed murder. The other members of the Saki family also stood to challenge the riled up Khan family. The crowd started to panic because, a direct confrontation between these two powerful families would result in some causalities.

Brendon was utterly unperturbed. He regarded the furious Khan family and chuckled.

When all hell was almost breaking loose, the air all around became heavy suddenly like an invisible boulder was pressing down on every person. There was confusion and fear as many gasped for air.

A deep hoarse voice then sounded, "General Khan, will you spare this old judge some face and quell your anger? You should know better than to lose yourself over a mere youth's provocation."

The General's face turned ugly in an instant. Whoever had spoken had surprisingly suppressed his rage. Though reluctant, he couldn't do a thing against the sheer power that mostly weighed down on their booth.

General Saki took the chance to snigger at his nemesis and praise Brendon, "Well said, my beloved grandson. Well said."

Although he was affected as well by the unknown power, he still took pleasure at General Khan's misfortune. The boorish General looked like a restrained dog on a leash. He could only snarl but not bite. On the other hand, Brendon just chose to sit and ignore the Khan family. To him, those brutes were trash that would tarnish his eyesight.

"What an arrogant guy," Shawn muttered with a tut.

Dianne gave him a long deep glance. Only she knew what coursed through her mind.

The overwhelming power was soon lifted and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Many gawked around in wonder as to who suppressed them. Without warning, a loud horn sounded in the arena.

Soon she harrumphed and glared towards the Royal Booth, "Humph, really took their sweet time."

Shawn was confused, whereas Dianne grumbled, "Hmph! They surely know how to take their time."

"His Highness, the Emperor and the Royal Princess of the Maelin Empire have arrived!" a voice shouted for all to hear.

Like clockwork, every single person shot to their feet and saluted deeply towards the Royal booth by knocking their chest with their right hand. "We welcome Your Grace! We welcome the Royal Princess!"

Their voices were deafening and left Shawn utterly confused. His head darted from side-to-side as he awkwardly got up. The salute thing was new to him. Fortunately, nobody took notice.

Up at the lavish Royal booth, a handsome man clothed in exquisite black tunic robes and topped with a long black coat appeared. There was a golden crown adorned on his head. He sauntered forth with airs full of regality and confidence, commanding reverence from the crowd. The man was none other than Emperor Lucius Lian; the Emperor of the Maelin Empire!