Chapter Seven

A Troubling Situation

Shawn did not mind being left alone in the carriage. In fact, he was relieved. Having that meddlesome woman around was too suffocating and intrusive of his personal space. He could care less where she had gone to vent out. She could actually use a chill pill along the way.

A long deep sigh escaped his lips as he leaned back on the seat. A lot has happened. Well, the boy was still in the dark concerning the time distortion between the outside world and that dreadful place. So, he was unaware three months had passed since he awoke. He still thought it was just the other day.

Ever since he awakened he has been fighting for his life nonstop. If not from almost turning into that demon dog's meal, then it was from getting annihilated by an entire army. Speaking of that army, it still surprised Shawn how he had obliterated them. What's more he felt no remorse or disgust to what he had done. Was this his first kill?

"Just who am I?" he asked himself that question that plagued his mind.

That strange dream he had not so long ago soon popped up in his line of thoughts. It was too surreal and felt real too; more like a memory. What was he supposed to remember? Was it his past? Now that he thought about it, how was it that the battered kid resembled him? Then that forest, that cliff edge... why did they seem oddly familiar? Why did everything feel like a memory?

And that's when it happened...

A dam broke in his mind and flooded in several images. There was no follow-up dizziness and all the images were crystal clear. He was an observer reliving another's past life. It was a past life of a boy named Shawn Mikhael. Then it all clicked. These were his memories!

Shawn Mikhael was not from this world. He was from Earth and lived in a small town in Kenya called Pepomsituni. He was seventeen years old and the lastborn in a family of four: two parents and an elder brother and sister. Despite his introverted nature, they still doted on him a lot. He never had friends and was a full-fledged loner. His time was mostly spent in drawing sketches since it was his means of expressing himself. Sadly, however, it was those sketches he so loved that led to that dreadful day.

On that ill-fated day, Shawn had a misunderstanding with some bullies over a certain sketch. The poor boy was then hunted down, clobbered, tortured and then thrown off a cliff to his death. It was quite a sad ending for such an innocent boy; a boy yet to live his full life; a boy probably predestined to accomplish great things.

At the moment before his death, he lamented at his lack of strength. He felt unwillingness, bitterness and utter hatred. The culprits just sat back relishing as he fell to his demise. Their smug and mocking looks imprinted clearly in his memory like a scar that can never heal. Shawn desired vengeance. He desired to shed and drown them in their own blood. He wanted them to feel his pain and hopelessness. He wanted them dead!

"They must all pay!" Shawn growled menacingly out of the blue.

*******

The Lady General was seething mad. She happened upon a small creek where she splashed some water on her face to cool off. It took every ounce of self-control not to lash out and strangle that annoying boy. She really wanted to squeeze that frail throat and relish as he chocked. How exhilarating would it be to watch those chocolate eyes lose their luster? What a bliss it would have been to see that vexing face grow pale with horror before his death.

Quickly realizing she was plunging too deep into her dark desires, she grimaced and rubbed her wet face. "Ugh, what am I thinking? What is wrong with me?"

She went and leaned against an old oak tree. From the time that boy came around, she has been easily losing control of her emotions. Right now, she was no different from a girl throwing tantrums. That boy was always leading her by the nose. Not once did she feel in control. It aggravated her to no end. Everything was getting too complex and she hated it.