Chapter Seventeen

Arrival of the Tourney

That night Shawn was restless. Several thoughts were chaotically reeling his mind like a raging storm. Fate surely had one sense of dark humor. Of all the people he had to meet under such awkward circumstances, it just had to be the Princess_ the sole heir to the throne. Well, in his defense, how was he to know the Princess would be in the manor, specifically in the kitchen? How was he also to know she and Dianne were close friends?

Still, that was a very poor first impression with a Royalty. The boy could only count his lucky stars his head was still intact. The Princess proved benevolent and Dianne was forced to let him off, though reluctantly.

Her immaculate image was stuck in Shawn's mind. That bewitching beauty constructed lewd thoughts that flared up his hormones.

"Princess Catlin..." he whispered the name and shivered immediately.

That name was already bewitching enough. For his sake, it would better he never sees that dark angel again because it would be a disaster.

*******

The next morning, in the lush garden of the Suki's Manor, two beautiful women were seated there drinking tea. One was dressed in a rosy floral dress, while the other was robed in a black with strips vintage sundress. They looked like a bouquet of black and red wild roses; very charming in appearance but dangerously thorny. They blended well with the colorful garden, creating one beautiful sight to behold. The two wild beauties were none other than Princess Catlin and Dianne.

"So are you going to spill it or do I have to keep on pestering for answers?" asked the Princess. Her golden eyes focused on Dianne were sparkling with mad curiosity.

"What are you talking about?" the Lady General smoothly asked back while sipping her herbal tea.

"Stop playing dumb with me, Dianne. I am talking about that boy from yesterday," Catlin mentioned.

"What of him?" Dianne still maintained that indifferent tone.

The Princess was aggravated and whined, "Oh c'mon! Why do you make me suffer like so?"

Dianne cocked an eyebrow at her. "Suffer?"

"Yes! Just tell me who he is," Catlin persisted.

"There's nothing to tell because he is a nobody."

"Ah, liar, liar, pants on fire! Oh my, Dianne. He is your lover, isn't he? With all that cuteness, I wouldn't be surprised. In fact, I will be so thrilled for my big sis!" Catlin slyly cooed and wiggled her eyebrows.

Dianne immediately chocked on the tea and blurted out through fits of coughs, "What lover...? S-stop spitting nonsense...! He is just a servant..."

"A servant you say?" Catlin's eyes widened with an excited gleam and then suggested with a sultry smile, "Then you won't mind if I borrow him for a while, would you? I would also like experience his services."

Dianne was flabbergasted at the Princess's words. "What are you saying, you spoilt girl? Is this what they taught you at the Temple? Shouldn't you be more concerned with the tourney? The champion will be your betrothed after all."

"Ah yes, yes. The long awaited promised betrothal." The Princess rolled her eyes and waived her off. She then stuck out her tongue playfully and spoke mischievously, "So faultfinding you are today, are you not? But if it shall give you some peace of mind, then I should point out I have already found my husband-to-be."

"You really think highly of Brendon?" Dianne gave her a probing gaze.

"Bah! What? Brendon? Are you mad? Who says my fiancé will be that weak wannabe bigheaded fool?" Catlin spat with disgust.