Chapter Fifty-three

Beware! He's coming... (I)

Dianne appeared outside the Palace building in a secluded area on the courtyard. She was panting heavily as if she had been suffocating for hours that she used the stone wall for support. What just happened back there? That was the question running amuck in her jumbled mind.

Dianne subconsciously reached out and touched her slightly quivering lips. How could she allow such wickedness to happen? How could she allow that stupid, rogue brat to kiss her? Moreover, why did it feel so good? This was complete and utter madness!

"Ugh!" she groaned out in frustration and leaned against the wall, and then stared up at the dense clouds drizzling down some snow.

The fire within her soul was burning hot with desire. Never has she felt such an electrifying sensation. What had Shawn done to her? He must have used some wicked enchantment because that could only explain why her body was all a mess. That stupid, rogue brat truly deserved a dog's beating. How dare he act so brazenly and do such... shameful things to her? Then again, a part of her felt worried that she might have gone overboard with her strike.

"No, no, no, Dianne! He got what he deserved," Dianne shook her head and argued against herself.

"There you are, big sis!" Another feminine voice startled her, only to see Catlin had appeared where she was. "I was actually about to look for you, but sensed you here. Uh... are you feeling alright? Your magical energy is fluctuating all over the place."

Dianne quickly pushed herself off the wall and cleared her throat while straightening her dress. What just transpired sent her whole being into a topsy-turvy state.

"Catlin, wh-why are y-you here...?" she asked, but immediately grimaced at her faltering voice.

Catlin sized up her friend and questioned back, "I should be the one asking you. Why do you look so flustered? Are you unwell...?"

Dianne suddenly jerked her head back when the Princess wanted to feel the temperature of her forehead. Her whole body was still too sensitive.

Catlin frowned and asked once more in worry, "Is everything alright?"

"Yes!" Dianne snapped and flinched. Silently trying to collect herself, she asked back, though her voice sounded a bit forced, "Is there any particular reason why you are looking for me?"

Catlin gave her a one long hard look, then finally sighed and nodded, "Yes. I actually need your help."

Oblivious to the Princess, Dianne's heart was thumping so hard she feared it could be heard from within her chest. When Catlin left the matter alone, she couldn't be any more relieved. How could she even begin to tell her what transpired back there, knowing fully well how she had claimed Shawn to be her fated love?

"What is wrong?" Dianne schooled her features and asked in a somber tone. She decided to forget all about it. It wasn't like there will be a repeat of such a thing.

Catlin cautiously checked the street and then grabbed Dianne's arm. "Not here," she said and vanished away with the surprised Lady General in a puff of golden flames.

Soon the two appeared inside Catlin's bed chambers. Dianne quirked an eyebrow when the Princess began pacing back and forth while chewing on her nails. She always did that when she was troubled with something, or if she did something wrong. The latter seemed most plausible, knowing her mischievous ways.

"Catlin, what is going on? Why all this mystery?" Dianne approached her, grabbed her by the arms to stop her pacing and demanded.

Catlin's golden eyes stared into Dianne's black eyes. She was fretting over something and was contemplating whether to speak up.