Epilogue

A/n: Heyy!!

A good story can't just end without an Epilogue!
😁😁😁

---------------------------------------------

While the elite mages were busy battling against the demonized Shawn, the mortals on the ground_ and tallying in the thousands_ were like grass beneath two fighting elephants. They scampered aimlessly everywhere to save their own skins.

Seeking shelter in the safety of the buildings around wasn't an option. The devastating battle destroyed those buildings caught in range. The unfortunate souls inside met their instant untimely demise. The only choice left was to abscond from the city.

During the chaotic frenzy, two men could be seen standing a safer distance away and watching the whole debacle. One was cloaked in black, while the other was robed in white. These men were none other than Henry and Stephen, respectively.

At the moment, their faces were filled with angst as they watched the demon butcher his way through the elite mages with ease. None stood a chance. His demonic flames eradicated everything with daunting hissing sounds. Not even a spec remained!

Finally, the demon was struck down by the combined might of all the remaining mages. Pity, their victory was short-lived and the demon rose again, unscathed.

Freakishly strong!

Those were the words that run across the minds of the two men. However, none of them expected the demon to jump up to the skies and fly away. When they shared a look, they both gulped down hard.

"Is that what I think it is?" asked Henry in a shaky voice.

"Bloody fucking heavens, an Immortal Demon has just awakened in this world. What a fucking disaster...!" Stephen gasped and began chewing on his thumb nail. "We have to rush back and inform our Exalted and All Powerful Supreme Lord. He must hear about this from our own mouths before news begin to spread."

"But what about the Blood Daisy and Milord Sir Vonvord--" Henry wanted to point out, but was interrupted by Stephen.

"He is fucking dead. Did you not hear it from Princess Catlin's mouth? We have no idea what happened to the damn Blood Daisy, but this news is fucking bigger and far exceeds the importance of that flower. If we hurry and report this, we might just be praised. If we arrive a moment too late..." Stephen apprised and then trailed off at the end.

Henry paled at his unspoken implication and blurted out, "What are we waiting for then? Let's hurry back!"

The two men vanished instantly, leaving the Capital that was in complete and utter pandemonium.

*******

West of the Maelin Empire, some miles away from her borders, there was a military camp erected in the middle of an eerie looking forest made up of withered and leafless dead trees. The creepy forest was renowned as the Phantom Gorge Forest because, as the name suggests, it looked lifeless and was found across one of the many gorges lying west of the Continent.

It would be surprising why an army would setup camp within this desolate and hair-raising place. From the blue flags flown at full masts and the insignia of a three red line wind symbol imprinted on them, the army was easily revealed to belong to the Wenwei Empire.

At the moment, young Queen Veronica was found within the largest tent in the middle of the encampment and sitting on her throne chair. She looked wildly beautiful. Her glossy brunette hair was tied back nicely into a bun and a golden crown was adorned on top of her head. She wore a magnificent, high waist, long, violet linen dress; only suited for an official royal ceremony. She adorned herself with less jewelry, however.