6.

Azzalea slept hard that night, well after she used the bathroom.

She had laid down beside the giant man and it hit her like a brick.

River looked at her like she was crazy when she danced around at the front of the cave, begging him in her language to let her out for just a second.

"Are you ok my Fawn?" River asked as he sat up on the edge of the nest.

He smiled watching her do a little dance for him again. She kept putting her hands on the stone and pushing.  River frowned and jumped up as soon as he realized what was going on. "I'm so sorry Azzalea." He rolled the rock and the female darted out.

He followed her quickly over to a push.

Azzalea made a motion for him to back up and he complied.

River made a note of the snow under his thick padded feet. I will have to make her some shoes.

Even without his fur on, the cold weather didn't bother him too bad. His skin was thick and calloused.  River thought he could survive the winter without ever putting a fur on, but it wouldn't be smart or comfortable.  All it took was one human to see him and that was it.

The thought of humans brought him back to the one groaning in the bushes. The medicine he had given her was making its way out of her system. His hearing was so good, he had no choice but to listen to it. She wanted privacy, but the forest was a dangerous place. River would never leave her alone again, but he could pretend. 

It didn't bother him anyway. It was completely natural. 

Azzalea peeked around the tip of the bush and quickly looked away from his probing eyes. She groaned again as another wave came spewing out.

"I'm going to die." Either from diarrhea or embarrassment. She wasn't sure which would get her first.

Finally the cramping in her stomach subsided and panic hit her. "Oh no." She looked around quickly. She wasn't about to come from behind this bush, in front of a sexy giant man, with poop on her butt. She just wasn't doing it. The leaves on the bush were too small, but Azzalea tried her hardest to pull what she could off.

A grunt came from the other side of the bush.

Azzalea watched as River pushed a stone bowl full of steamy warm water through the tiny leaves. She didn't know whether to cry or laugh as she took the bowl and the giant hand slipped back through the bush. She glanced up to the creature as he took a few steps away from her hiding spot and looked up to the sky.

Faster than she ever thought she would, she washed the best she could. Washed her hands in the bowl and kicked snow over her mess.

River offered her a smile and cocked his head. "Azzalea? Are you ok?"

Azzalea handed him back the bowl and smiled. She didn't meet his eyes, but nodded her head knowing his question.

River grunted again. "Why don't you look at me? You have no reason to worry. I have shit like a sick bear myself. We will be ok." He growled in his chest. When she finally met his eyes, he motioned for them to return inside and get warm.

He laid down in his bed and slapped the part beside him. "You can sleep with me or I will sleep on the floor." River watched her hesitate for only a moment before sliding in beside him.

River could feel the coldness coming off of her in waves. Her poor feet must be frozen. He pulled the heavy furs around them both and listened to the female chattering beside him. Very tentatively he placed his hand on her hip. He waited for her to protest but instead she drew her ice cold feet up against his thigh.