30.

The Giants marveled over the sight of the pregnant human female. The elders looked at her with curiosity and fear.

Already accepted into the tribe by the ancestors, there wasn't much they could do or say about it. None of it would have mattered anyway. What will be will be.

River had to control his growling. Anytime a Giant would step close, he felt anger grow in his chest. He would catch the eye of any male looking at his mate with appreciation and pull her closer to him, grunting his dominance.

"River you have got to relax." His grandfather chuckled. It was amusing to see his grandson getting tore up. "Your Father was the same way about Calla." He recalled.

Azzalea was ready to go back to the hut. She may not have been a Giant and had their amazing hearing or eyesight, but she knew when someone was going to try to move into her territory. She had watched the group of 'breeding females' talk and giggle amongst each other. They were too far away for her to hear, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they were making fun of her. They couldn't have been more obvious, pointing in her direction, making some sort of blow up face, and laughing.

River had been too agitated himself, to notice Azzalea's frustration.

One female stood. Azzalea felt a little intimated. Not only did the breeding female have height on her, but she was beautiful. Her tan skin glowed in the fire light as she walked, like a goddess, over to them. The fur dress she wore was tight in all of the right places.

It was hard for everyone not to stare as she glided her way over to the Mother and Father of the Prophecy.

"Greetings." She said low and sultry.

River turned his head towards the female. He could feel the tension rolling off his mate. "Greetings." He said with a nod and turned his head back to his grandfather, who still looked amused.

"Would you like to go for a swim?"

River kept looking at his grandfather. Praying to the ancestors that she wasn't talking to him, but when she repeated her question, he knew it would be rude not to answer.

Azzalea cleared her throat. "You want to go for a swim, River?" She looked up to his honey colored eyes.

He shook his head. "No, I will stay with my mate." He swallowed hard. This feels like very uncharted waters. I'd rather dive off a cliff, then do whatever it is we are doing right here.

The female laughed. "Mate? I did not see her at the ceremony. You are not mated with this human." She laughed again, throwing her head back, allowing everyone to see her sexy long neck. She swiped her long brown braided hair behind her. "Surely you would like to have rounds with a real Giant. One you can have all of your pleasure with and not have to restrain yourself."

Azzalea looked down to her fur boots. She could feel her face burning.

Rover stood up and brought Azzalea with him. "We are mated. A ceremony is not required, it means much more than that. There are plenty of young males here for you to swim with." He pulled Azzalea's hand up to his mouth and kissed the frail flesh gently.

The female was probably stomping away, but to Azzalea, she looked like she was barely walking. She was more like floating on the air. Her beauty commands everyone's attention.

River looked down to his mate. "Are you ok my Fawn?"

Azzalea shook her head and placed her hand on her stomach. She was just now starting to show. A little faint kick came from her baby. It almost felt like butterfly wings flapping about in there. She smiled. "I know you are there." She whispered to herself. Azzalea had been a little jealous that River could hear its heartbeat, but she could feel it moving. That was something she would always have.