26.

Azzalea had never taken drugs or drank any alcohol, but what she was feeling now made her thankful she had never had a hangover.

Her entire body felt foggy. She kept blinking her eyes, the blurriness wouldn't go away. She saw the outline and reached out. "River, hold me."

Her arms still felt numb and her body seemed to be delayed.

The outline moved close to her.

Her vision cleared slightly. It was River. He kissed her face and took her hand.

"River I had the weirdest dream." Azzalea groaned and raised a hand to her head. She felt the thin gold chains move against her naked chest. She took one and looked at it the best she could. "Well I guess that part wasn't a dream."

~~~~~~

"Am I dead?"

She heard the chatter of people talking, but couldn't seem to find them anywhere. It was dark and Azzalea was scared. She tried to move her arms, but couldn't. Azzalea tried to move her head, but couldn't. Looking down the best she could, she couldn't even see her body.

"Is she worthy?"

"I sense pain. Lots of pain."

Azzalea took a raggedy breath. "Please, I'm scared." She felt like she was falling and there was no way to catch herself. Stars began to appear, slowly. They lit her dark world up one by one.

She felt like they were eyes and she was being stared at. "Are you there?" She begged the stars for some sort of reassurance. "River?"

"She calls for him."

The echo went on forever, but in different voices. The stars kept appearing, some blinking.

"Of course she calls for him, they are mated."

"Prophecy?"

"Maybe. Depends on the youngling. I see more coming."

"More?" A distant groan.

"Crow."

"Calla, more?"

Azzalea felt herself move, but couldn't see her arms. "I don't want to be here anymore. Am I in Hell?" She didn't understand. "Is it because Randy didn't marry me? Because his brothers did what they did to me?" Her voice cracking. "I didn't want them to. I swear. River is the only one for me."

"Hurt?"

"Yes, hurt. She hurts now as we speak."

~~~~~~

Azzalea vacuumed the living room. Randy said his brothers were coming over. She didn't like them and didn't understand why they wanted to come over on a random Wednesday, but she couldn't stop them.

She prepared some food and drinks, setting them on the table. "Maybe if they spend more time eating, they will look at me less." She hoped.

Azzalea paused. De ja vu overwhelmed her chest. "I've done this before." She stopped herself, but felt her own body move past her. She watched in horror as she opened the door, greeted by the slimy smiles of Randy's brothers.

"SHUT THE DOOR!" She screamed to herself, but watched as she motioned them in anyway.

Azzalea directed them towards the food. While her body's back was turned, Azzalea watched as they made crude humping gestures.