32.

River sat up beside his mate. Something woke him. He didn't know what it could be, but he sensed something was off. He slipped from his bed, praying he didn't wake the slumbering female. Azzalea could barely find comfort these days and he damn sure wasn't going to wake her for nothing.

He looked back to her as he rolled the stone as quietly and as slow as it would go. His female didn't even stir around. River let out the breath he held and slipped from the cave.

The snow had melted even though the nights stayed cold and the days barely had warmth. He predicted the year to be a hot one. River didn't mind the heat. The cave usually kept the opposite of whatever the weather was doing outside and that gave him comfort.

He straightened his back and groaned with satisfaction as his back popped. Azzalea had been more of a beast in bed than he ever thought he could be. The pregnancy may have made her tired and a little fussy, but it increased her attraction to him ten times over. River was all too happy to accommodate her ever changing needs.

The moon was round and full. The air was crisp and filled his lungs to the max. River figured his mate would birth their halfling any day now. She was so swollen, he didn't think she had much room left before exploding.

Azzalea was beautiful. She glowed and oozed out perfection, even though she didn't see it.

River was ready. He had hunted and foraged the most he could. He wouldn't be leaving far from the cave anymore. He couldn't miss the birth of his halfling and refused to even think the thought. Azzalea was going to need him. She was scared. She was absolutely terrified. His heart would hurt when she cried as the fear consumed her chest every once in a while. The idea of having a youngling had finally set on their chests. This was real and it was going to happen.

Briar was supposed to show up in about two weeks. River was grateful for that. He felt like he needed as much help as possible. His grandfather was bringing food that Azzalea seemed to enjoy completely and he was sure she would be happy.

River walked a few feet away from the cave opening and took in the smells of the forest. The uneasy feeling didn't leave his chest. Nothing smelled weird. There were no odd noises. River felt a growl coming from his throat.

"River?"

He jumped and turned around to see a sleepy Azzalea. She had wrapped herself in fur and stood at the entrance.

Her naked form teased him. River was going to miss that view. If Grandfather decided to stay, Azzalea was going to have to stay clothed most of the time. He had gotten used to his instant access to her.

He sighed. With a halfling coming, I guess it was a matter of time. River caught himself eyeing a pink nipple poking out at him.

Azzalea looked at him with a smile. River never seemed to get enough of her. Even with her giant stretch out belly, he acted as if it was the first time he saw her naked. He looked dangerously handsome as the moon light shone on his dark tan skin. His cock started to harden the minute he saw her intentionally left out nipple.

The muscles across his back rippled as he finished turning around to look at her. His chest was so broad and thick. The black hair was scattered across his skin as if a painter had put them there, while he made his masterpiece. His long thick arms called out to her as she walked closer to him.

She felt them wrap her in a strong hug and lift her bare feet from the cold ground. She played with the thick forearm. "River and Azzalea?"

"River and Azzalea." His deep growling voice said to her.