35.

"Just stop holding your breath."

River was trying his hardest, but his sweet Fawn kept holding her breath and squeezing his hand with such force, he nearly protested.

"I can't breathe." Azzalea panted.

"Because you keep stopping."

The glare he received was scary. The female looked wild and ready to bite him. It was oddly attractive.

"Here my love, drink some water." River kept himself from getting angry. He knew it caused pain to birth younglings, but he didn't know how much.

~~~~~

"How do you know?"

"I don't know."

"So then why did you say you think the baby is coming?"

"Because I didn't pee. I promise."

River took a deep breath, parting his mouth slightly to taste the air. It didn't smell like urine. It was sweet and when he touched the puddle, it felt like water.

"So female's leak water before birthing."

Azzalea growled at him. "I'm not an expert, but I think so."

"Should we fix the leak?"

The two creatures stood there staring at each other. Azzalea was trying not to get mad and his sweet question caused her to smile. "Fix the leak?" She asked giggling.

"Fawn," River said confused and held his hand out, "why do you laugh? We need to repair the leak. To keep the halfling inside."

Azzalea took his hand and gave it a squeeze when the pain came again to her stomach. Her other hand went to her belly. She could feel it tightening under her touch. She breathed out as the wave came. It didn't hurt her badly, but it was definitely not comfortable. "River, we can't. The baby will be here soon. We have to get things ready."

River felt like he had been tossed from the cliff and falling, but never reached the water. It was really happening. His mate would birth him a youngling. Suddenly he felt very stupid and slow. "What do we need to do?" He wanted to bite his own tongue. His grandfather spoke of nature, but River didn't see any animals coming to help assist him with anything. Now he wanted an answer. A straight answer. He felt he couldn't provide the right assistance.

Azzalea shook her head as the thoughts raced through her mind. "I don't know." She racked her brain for answers. Her only experience with birth was from TV. Mostly movies. "The pain is gonna get worse." She prayed for something different though. Maybe those ancestors could help a gal out? "Let's get some blankets ready, fold out that bassinet, and just relax while we can." 

River ran around. His strides were long and quick. "Stay seated Fawn, we don't want the baby to fall out and land on the ground." He sat her back on the bed. "Laying down would be better. It could just slide out." He made the sliding motion with his hands. "No stress."

She allowed him to move her and she watched him fumble about. He dropped the blankets five or six times and brought her jerky. He brought so much water.

Azzalea gripped onto her stomach and moaned. River stopped his running and jumped over to her. "Are you ok?"

"What is it? How long is it? Five minutes, one contraction, three minutes, then five minutes? Is it Forty seconds, then a minute, then five minutes? Something about five minutes."

River shook his head. "No, it's just after midnight my love."

Azzalea shook her head and the pain hit again. She saw the pamphlets in her gynecologist's office, but she never paid attention. She knew it was some amount of time and she would be in labor until the placenta came out.

She felt hot all over. Everything was happening so fast. Azzalea stood up, despite River's protests. "It's not going to fall out, I promise." She said and she held his hand, standing from the bed. Azzalea thought moving around helped her a little. It was how tight her stomach continued to feel every so often and the amount of pressure was ridiculous.

"I got to take this off." She said breathlessly and stripped her clothes from her body. "I need some water."

River handed her the cup and watched the female drink it quickly. "Go slow, my love. You will cause yourself sickness." Azzalea made a noise of such satisfaction that River felt his body hitch. He watched the beads of water run down her throat and onto her chest. "You are so beautiful." He knew she didn't believe it, but he thought nothing could ever compare to his Fawn.

They went all over the cave. River followed behind her the best he could. She would stop, moan, and pressed herself against the cool stone of the cave. He noted some of the positions she was in and would have to revisit them later.

Azzalea was grateful for all of the help River was trying to give her. The only two times she felt relief was when she pressed herself naked against the cool stone wall. It made her whole body feel ten degrees cooler. If she could have stayed in one cool spot she would have, but her body quickly heated the wall. The other time was when she squatted for a moment. She could only stay a moment. The urge to poop was getting stronger.

Azzalea's only hang up was pooping in front of her sexy giant, Viking looking man. She wouldn't do it. 

River watched her turn and looked at him with desperation. "Fawn?"

"I need to poop."

"Just do it. I will clean it. We aren't going outside."

"No."

"Fawn."

"No."

River watched the female hold her breath and bend over. "There is no use arguing. I will not move that stone." He watched the female squat down. Blood came from her slit. "Fawn."

"I can't breathe."

"Just stop holding your breath."

River was trying his hardest, but his sweet Fawn kept holding her breath and squeezing his hand with such force, he nearly protested.

"I can't breathe." Azzalea panted.

"Because you keep stopping."

The glare he received was scary. The female looked wild and ready to bite him. It was oddly attractive.

"Here my love, drink some water." River kept himself from getting angry. He knew it caused pain to birth younglings, but he didn't know how much.

"No." She growled again.

River moved in front of his mate. Her face was twisted with pain. She stayed squatted and he helped keep her balanced.

"I'm going to poop."

River bent down and looked to her slit. The fire wasn't lit high, but he could still see. Her slit was stretched to the max. Something dark was coming from her. "That is no shit. That is our youngling."

Azzalea looked at him. "What?"

"Push Azzalea. Like you are shitting in the forest." River encouraged her. "Go as hard as you can. When the feeling overwhelms you, push. I will catch."

She bared down as the contraction came again, spreading her legs wide. Azzalea's eyes popped wide open as she felt the release of their baby's head. It was like she was in another world as she felt the shoulders come from her loins. She felt every bit of that baby when she managed to push it free.

River held the baby up between their chests, it wailed out once. He looked at her, barely catching his own breath. "You did it Azzalea. You did it."

Azzalea squinted her face up as the rest of the birth splattered on the ground. She was done. It was over. She lowered herself onto her butt and held her arms out.

River placed the baby against the female's bare chest. "You gave me a son." He beamed at her.

Next update will be May  24, 2021! Thank you all so much for taking the time to ready my story. Sending love to you all! ~Autumn