Chapter 12: Misleading Conversations

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Yuta's POV-

The members are currently sitting down, hearing the questions that Bethany, the interviewer, is asking. So far, Taeyong and Johnny; talked more than anyone else, answering the inquiries that come our way. I was grateful that my friends were answering for me. After all, right now, I can't focus on the interview. I'm lost inside my thoughts, still having Ten's conversation with Lucas repeating on my mind. There are things that I can't understand, and even though Taeyong told me that he's going to talk with Baekhyun, I'm not feeling at ease. My relationship with Mark is barely starting, and to have someone already behind my boy; it's something I didn't see coming.

-Your fans are curious about your upcoming activities. Any relevant news you want to share with them? – Bethany asked.

-Oh, recently, one of our members is having a great opportunity. Right, Yuta? – Taeyong said while looking at me, immediately taking me out of my thoughts.

-Yes. Great things are coming. – I said, not knowing what Taeyong was trying to say. I cluelessly looked at him, discreetly asking for help.

-Yuta can't say much about the project, but he feels excited about what's happening behind cameras. – Taeyong spoke while smiling.

I nodded, now understanding what the interviewer asked.

-Can you give your fans a hint, Yuta? – Bethany questioned.

-Sure. It's a project that I wanted to start. It grew after investing more time in the writing process of our songs as NCT 127. So, it's a secret that I hope many will like. – I replied, trying not to give many details away.

-That's great to hear! Your fans were asking for more individual activities for some of the members, according to social media. – Bethany disclosed, making me feel pleased by that statement. -Another thing that got asked has to do with dating life. As we all know, the entertainment industry is very particular about this subject. Now, with that said, have you experienced something related to it? – Bethany questioned while looking at her card and then staring back at us.

The members looked shy, not knowing what to answer to that question. However, the only ones who know about my relationship with Mark are looking back at me. I stood there speechless, which Bethany immediately noticed.

-Yuta, I see that you are having struggles over there. Can you say something about the matter? – Bethany questioned, making me look over to Mark. He's also anxious about the sudden inquiry, so I took the lead and acquired some courage out of the blue.

-Well, it's a question we often differ with because of the reasons you explained at the beginning. – I responded.

-That's right, sometimes we get asked about our ideal types, and that's more accurate than asking for a "formal relationship" with someone in specific. – Haechan pointed out before smiling at me. -Right, hyung? – He teased.

-Ah, yes, yes. – I nervously nodded, then glancing at Haechan sternly.

-Alright! That's pretty fair since we are talking about your private life. – Bethany agreed before changing cards. She continued to ask another question, but I turned my attention to Mark.

I tried to be cautious about my movements until I stared at my boy; he noticed me and looked my way; he slightly smiled before nodding his head. I felt relieved knowing that I didn't screw up. After all, nobody can know about us.

*Hours later*

After the activities ended, I took my motorbike and rode back home. I wanted to arrive before anyone else since I needed a shower and to have some time alone. The interview went well despite the tricky questions, and after that, we gathered to check tomorrow's schedule. Then, Taeyong wanted everyone to stay slightly longer since he wanted to talk about the days we'll go to the studio to write the songs and practice them. Several things will happen soon, and honestly, I'm glad it's that way because I want to keep myself busy.

Currently, I'm sitting by the pool, writing in my notebook the ideas I have for the EP. I'm still trying to figure out what concept I want, and at the same time, I'm taking care of the writing process for the songs. I noticed that some moments ago, the members arrived home. I greeted some of them before they went to shower and others to relax. Yet, I stood there, not wanting to waste any time for the time being. After all, I'm looking forward to making this EP the first of many that I can hopefully make for my fans.

-It looks like you are enjoying your time alone, huh? – I heard Taeyong say, making me look up at him.

-Yes, it feels lonely. – I smiled while spinning the pencil between my fingers.

-So, what are you waiting for, Yuta? Come inside. – Taeyong said while offering me his hand. I nodded before accepting his help, then walking by his side towards the house.

We entered and got inside the dining room before sitting down next to each other.

-Are you okay? – Taeyong asked, concerned.

-Yes, I'm alright. – I assured Taeyong and then continued to write and focus on my work.

-Yuta, we are best friends. You can tell me anything. – Taeyong said before holding my hand. I looked back at him, smiling and accepting his affection.

-I know that we are, but there isn't anything to say aside from what happened today. – I spoke.

-Are you talking about the interview or the other thing? – Taeyong questioned, confused.

-The other thing. – I said before taking a deep breath. -Taeyong, don't you think it's too soon to have this situation right now? – I questioned, feeling conflicted with my thoughts.

-I understand your concerns, but you shouldn't feel defeated by those thoughts. Yuta, right now, you need to focus on your EP. So, don't let this situation distract you. – Taeyong suggested me, which I nodded for in response.

-Yes, that's what I want to do. And thank you for worrying about me, Taeyong. – I sincerely said while looking at him.

-No need to thank me, Yuta. – Taeyong grinned back before looking at my notebook. -Try not to sleep late tonight; remember that we have to wake up early. – Taeyong told me, which made me smile.

-I won't stay up while writing, I promise. – I assured Taeyong, making him chuckle slightly.

-What about Mark? – Taeyong questioned, having fun while teasing me.

-I won't see him tonight. I believe we have to focus on the activities more, and I want everyone to rest well. – I admitted, which Taeyong liked to hear. He patted my head while smiling happily at me.

-I'm glad you are taking care of others, Yuta. But also, thank you for keeping in mind that you have to rest. – Taeyong said before checking out the things I've written so far.

-There are only ideas. Honestly, I don't know what to make the EP about because there are several things I want to add. – I revealed.

-The best thing is to have options. So, I think you are doing great; you still have time, so don't rush anything. – Taeyong said, which I took like a piece of advice.

-Alright, I'll take my time and then show it to you when I have more things planned. Okay? – I told Taeyong, which he nodded for in response, and then I began to explain to him some of the ideas I have in mind.

-Mark's POV-

You won't see me this evening, but I'm sure you'll stay up along with someone else. Why am I not surprised? But I shouldn't get mad. Right? After all, we barely started our relationship.