Chapter 3: Not So Soon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Yuta's POV-

Mark is staring at me, waiting for an answer to come out of my mouth. I didn't know what to do, and I believe it's way too soon to reveal something so personal. And also, I don't want Mark to know about my feelings for him, but lying isn't my forte, and I never lie to any of my friends, especially Mark.

I placed my book on the bedside table before smiling at the guy in front of me. I caressed his hair while trying to act like nothing was bothering me from the question he asked. I played with his bangs while admiring Mark, and at the same time, I began to think about what to say next.

-I'm sure you don't want me that way. – I spoke while smiling. -So, I'll only say that maybe you misheard what Taeyong told me last night. – I lied, pretending to be okay with the things I was saying.

-So, Taeyong-hyung is the one who loves me? – Mark questioned, confused.

I chuckled. -Taeyong does love you, but don't worry; he just told me that you were happy to be with me again. That's all. – I disclosed, trying to cover up my true feelings.

-Oh, is that so? – Mark asked, looking a bit sad about it. -I did enjoy to be together. I missed you a lot. – He stated before I stopped caressing his hair.

-I know, and I'm sorry for making it hard for both of us. – I sincerely said before taking a deep breath. -Do you feel calmer after what I told you? – I questioned.

-Sure. – Mark shrugged his shoulders. -I'm sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable. – He said embarrassedly.

-It's okay. Don't worry about it anymore, and now, let's get ready to start the day. – I smiled at Mark before standing up from the bed, but before I could get on my feet, Mark held me close to him.

I slightly chuckled before rubbing his back, and then Mark let me go while staring at me.

-I missed you too. – I said before cluttering Mark's hair, and then I got towards the bathroom.

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I tried to stay calm and control my emotions. I hated to lie in front of Mark, but I want him to be happy and live his dreams of being an artist. We both have similar stories and goals, which gives me have a slight idea of what could happen if Mark sees his career in jeopardy for some nonsense. There's the reason why I don't want to mention anything to him.

After thinking about it for some seconds, I decided to grab my phone and call Haechan. It's the only thing that came into my head; after all, I can't think right now.

-Haechan? – I said as soon as he answered.

-Hyung, it's so early. What do you want? – Haechan asked sleepily.

-Mark is inside the room. He asked me about my feelings because he heard me talking with Taeyong last night. – I explained.

-Oh, that's very bad! – Haechan exclaimed, sounding more awake.

-What do you want me to do? – He asked.

-Come to the room. Mark believes that he misheard my conversation with Taeyong last night, but I can't face him right now. Please, come and take him out of the room. – I asked Haechan while holding my hair.

-Calm down. I'm going to the room as we speak. – Haechan assured me as I could hear him walking through the other line.

-Thanks! I owe you one. – I said in relief.

-No problem. I'm here. – Haechan spoke before I ended the call.

I put my phone away before hearing Haechan coming inside the room. He started to talk with Mark, and briefly, Haechan convinced Mark to go with him to the kitchen. I heard them standing up and walking away, and then, I opened the door slightly to see that the room was empty.

I took a deep breath before letting my body slide against the wall. I couldn't believe what I just said to Mark.

Maybe this was my only chance to tell him how I truly felt about us.

*Moments later*

The morning went by, and the guys ate breakfast altogether. It was a pleasant time since we usually don't have a lot of time for ourselves, but since we are in our break, everybody is taking advantage of it to reunite as friends. I also talked to Taeyong about what happened with Mark, and just like me, he got disappointed by the choice I made. Taeyong scolded me since he thought that I needed to tell Mark about my feelings, but once again, I reminded him why I was stepping back from doing it.

Later, I spend my day with Jungwoo and Taeil. We talked for quite some time and were goofing around with the rest of the guys. Yet, I could see that Mark wasn't happy about it. I guess that he did miss me a lot, but I don't want to suffocate him with my constant presence like before.

*Current time – 2:18 p.m.*

I'm sitting down on the border of the pool. The water is covering part of my legs as I move them to play a little. Everybody was getting ready to go out and enjoy a pleasant meal together, but I decided to stay with some of the ones who wanted to chill inside the house.

As I'm looking at the sky, I felt that someone sat next to me. Drops of water fell over my knees and made me look at the person by my side.

-Jungwoo? – I glanced at him, surprised.

-You didn't see me coming, huh, hyung? – Jungwoo questioned, smiling at me happily.

-No, not at all. – I admitted. -I thought you were going out today, what happened? – I questioned curiously.

-I decided to stay and make you some company. A little bird told me that something severe happened. – Jungwoo spoke while playing with the water with his feet.

-What do you mean? – I asked, confused.

-Nobody notices this, Yuta-hyung, but I did. – Jungwoo said before looking back at me. -I know that you have feelings for Mark. – He smiled.

-How do you know that? – I questioned, surprised.

-I heard you talking with Haechan the other day. I haven't said anything, and it'll stay that way; however, I wanted to tell you that I feel inspired by you. – Jungwoo disclosed sincerely.

-Thank you for keeping the secret, but if you know it all, I don't get why you got inspired. – I said, looking at Jungwoo, confused.

-Yuta-hyung, you are giving up the love you have for Mark just because you want to secure his dreams. And that's breathtaking. – Jungwoo admitted before hugging me against him.

-But am I doing the right thing, Jungwoo? – I questioned, holding him while feeling worried.

He hummed in agreement. -Taeyong-hyung can get mad because you aren't saying anything about your feelings, but I think it's great that you are giving yourself some time to think about the situation. – Jungwoo told me sincerely.

-Thanks, Jungwoo. I honestly needed some comfort. – I sighed while holding him tighter.