Chapter 22: We Decide

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Moments later*

-Yuta's POV-

I took Mark to a spot near the river, an empty park with the perfect view of the starry night and a peaceful environment. We arrived at the ideal time to relax and see the sky next to each other. However, nobody has said anything yet. When we were driving here, Mark continued to speak and hold tightly onto me, but that stopped after jumping off the motorbike. Honestly, I wanted to say something and lead the conversation, but I still feel embarrassed for my previous actions; after all, I know that Mark got scared after seeing my reaction to Baekhyun's threats.

Currently, I'm resting my hands behind my back while looking up at the stars. Mark is next to me, but he's lying his back against the grass with his eyes closed, probably enjoying the subtle breeze of the night. But suddenly, the silence got interrupted by a soft melody playing from one of the stores nearby, giving the perfect touch to this night.

-Now that we are alone and out of the road, I wanted to talk with you about today. – Mark spoke, his words instantly capturing my attention.

-About today? – I questioned, not wanting to look back at Mark.

-You know what I mean, Yuta. – Mark said before touching my hand, gently caressing it with his fingers. -I'm not mad at you for what happened, okay? I only worried about the confrontation you had with Baekhyun. – Mark admitted before I looked at his hand on mine, briefly glancing at him. I slightly smiled before intertwining our fingers, then bringing his hand close to my mouth. I kissed Mark's hand, causing him to blush lightly.

-Didn't I scare you? – I worriedly asked.

Mark hummed. -Yes. I feared a little because I never saw you so angry before, so it made me feel guilty for making you react that way. – Mark spoke, making me shook my head immediately.

-The guilt relies on Baekhyun; he didn't need to pressure you and then question your answer when you were precise with everything you said. – I claimed before taking a deep breath.

-Hopefully, Baekhyun understands that my answer won't change about his confession. But I don't think we should worry; after all, he has a busy schedule due to his projects. – Mark disclosed before sitting closer to me, gently placing his head on my shoulder.

I looked at the starry night before pressing Mark's hand slightly tighter. -Mark, did you come with me because you wanted to talk about this? – I asked.

-No. I knew you were feeling unsettled after everything that occurred. I thought you would go wild on the motorbike if you drove alone, so I came to prevent an accident. – Mark admitted, causing me to chuckle slightly. -Yah! I'm not joking around, Nakamoto Yuta. You tend to drive faster when you are angry or distressed. – Mark pointed out, which I nodded for in response.

-I'm not taking things lightly, love. Honestly, my chuckles are my reaction after realizing that you know me too well. – I disclosed before kissing Mark's head, briefly placing mine on his.

-I'm glad I do because there's no way I'll let you drive alone when you feel unsettled. – Mark spoke before snuggling by my side.

-So, are you okay with my confrontation with Baekhyun? – I suddenly asked.

-You defended our relationship, so I'm not mad about that. However, I don't want this situation to repeat all the time, remember that I still work with Baekhyun. – Mark mentioned, causing me to sigh.

Damn it! I forgot that Baekhyun works with Mark.

-Yuta? – Mark called my name, immediately pulling me out of my thoughts.

-Sorry, what were you saying? – I asked while looking at Mark. He shook his head before getting apart, briefly sitting in front of me. Mark played with my hair before holding my cheek, making me snuggle against it, and then he smiled.

-Stop worrying about this situation, okay? You know that no matter what happens, I'll run back to you. So, try to stay calm and forget whatever occurred with Baekhyun. – Mark told me, which I nodded for in response. Then, I pulled him closer to me before holding him tightly.

*Midnight*

I drove home after seeing the hour on my phone. It is already late at night, and almost one o'clock, so we hurried to return to the house. The streets emptied with each minute that passed, and it seems that the city was ready to call it a day. It made our way home more comfortable and quicker, which I was glad about; after all, Mark was already sleeping behind me.

Right now, I'm carrying Mark like a baby while closing the door gently. I took Mark towards the living area, hoping that none of the members is awake due to our late arrival. I texted Taeyong before leaving the park, telling him that Mark and I were going home. So, hopefully, he saw that message before now.

-There you go. – I said while placing Mark on the couch, briefly putting a blanket on him.

-Are we staying here tonight? – Mark asked, which I nodded for in response.

-It's very late, and we might wake up the members. – I spoke before lying next to Mark. And briefly, he covered me up with the blanket, making me chuckle slightly. -Are you comfy? – I asked.

Mark nodded. -Honestly, I had a fun night with you. I also enjoyed the park we visited; at night, it looks pretty. – Mark admitted before snuggling next to me. I surrounded his body with my arms before leaving my face close to his, calmly breathing while enjoying having him next to me.

-I'm glad that you enjoyed the night. – I softly spoke before remembering what Jungwoo said to me the other evening.

The EP's music video.

I stared at Mark, noticing that his eyes are closed. -Mark. – I whispered, hoping that he will answer.

-Hmm, what is it? – Mark sleepily asked.

-The title track for the EP still needs a music video, and I have some ideas for it. So, I wondered if you want to be part of it. – I said, immediately making Mark open his eyes, looking at me with a peculiar shine.

-Are you serious? – Mark questioned, which I nodded for in response while smiling at him.

-The video will be about us having fun, playing around, and in the end, we reunite with the members. – I described, imagining how the music video might come out. -What do you say? Do you want to appear on it? – I asked while looking at Mark.

-Sure! – Mark nodded while grinning back at me, and then he hid his face against my chest. I stroke his hair, my eyes set on him as he continues to hold onto me.

-Tonight, you were brave, love. – I spoke, teasing Mark before he falls asleep.

-You say that because of the motorcycle. Right? – Mark questioned while looking at me, and then I nodded before he placed his head on my chest. -You never take things seriously with that, Yuta. When you got mad with Taeyong-hyung, I remember that you took your bike and wanted to go somewhere else. I only stopped you because I didn't want you to have an accident. – Mark revealed, making me somewhat chuckle at his words.

-Mark, I always drive safely. And even though I'm angry, I don't make impulsive decisions on the road. – I assured him.

-You drive fast, though. – Mark pointed out.

-That's true. – I snickered before kissing Mark's head, but then he looked at me and pecked my lips. I smiled before he did the same, and after that, he rested his head on my chest.

This feeling is what people call love. Right? So, I didn't make a mistake by falling in love with you, Mark.