Chapter 17: After Our Night

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Later that day*

-Mark's POV-

The morning went by so fast. Everyone began to compose and get involved with the upcoming album. It's been a few hours since we got inside the studio, practicing the lines of the current song and checking where each member will have to sing. However, an hour ago, Yuta took Jungwoo out of the room, saying that they'll be making some stuff regarding his EP. It seemed that Taeyong didn't care that both left the rest of the work for us, which made me guess that Yuta talked to him before.

It's been some time since I've wanted to search for Yuta and Jungwoo. In my perspective, we need both guys to keep working well, and even though I don't want to sound like I'm jealous, it's been too long since they've gone. Now, I'm looking around the room, starting to feel slightly anxious. Haechan is checking his parts with Doyoung, and everybody seems focused on something, which makes me want to go, and search for Jungwoo and Yuta.

-Are you having problems with the rap? – Taeyong asked, making me look up at him.

-No, hyung. The rap is alright, but I wondered why Jungwoo and Yuta aren't back yet. I know that Yuta's EP will get released before the comeback, but we need to keep working on the songs for the album. – I pointed out, trying not to sound desperate.

Taeyong smiled before sitting next to me. -Do you want them to return because you want to work faster on the songs, or is it something else? – Taeyong questioned.

-I didn't want to sound like I'm jealous, hyung. Honestly, I believe we have to keep working on the album before the activities continue. – I assured my friend, not lying about my intentions.

-Alright then. I guess you can search for those two; I believe Yuta took Jungwoo to the closest cubicle. – Taeyong said before patting my back, briefly standing up and returning with Jaehyun.

I guess you got what you wanted, Mark. Now, I have to search for Yuta and Jungwoo.

I stood up from my place, left the music sheets on the table, and got out of the room. I closed the door behind me as I looked around the hallway and then continued to walk. On this floor, there aren't many people outside. So, I began to check the closest rooms one by one until I heard Jungwoo's laughter. Immediately, I followed the sound of his voice, and as soon as it became louder, I stood in front of the room. Unexpectedly, I didn't want to open the door when I heard Yuta laughing.

We have three hours until our next activity; we have plenty of time to keep working on the album's songs, so taking these guys back with the group doesn't make sense.

-Am I sincerely jealous? – I questioned, talking as a whisper while my hand is still on the door's handle. I wanted to go back with NCT 127. But before I could do so, someone called my name.

-Mark! – I heard.

-Baekhyun? – I looked at him confused before greeting him kindly. -Hey! What are you doing here? – I curiously asked.

-I'm working on my next solo album; what about you? – Baekhyun questioned.

-I'm with NCT 127; we are preparing our comeback. – I explained.

-Sounds great! – Baekhyun smiled before taking my shoulder. -Hey, do you think we can talk somewhere more privately? There's something I want to tell you. – Baekhyun spoke, making me frown slightly.

-Sure! – I said before Baekhyun held my hand and took me away from the hallway.

-Yuta's POV-

-You are doing it wrong! It's a note higher. – I pointed out while laughing.

-Like this? – Jungwoo asked before singing like an opera lady, which caused me to laugh more.

We've been working for a couple of hours on the first song. It seems ready to get recorded, but now that I can jump into the second piece for this EP, Jungwoo got involved in the process. He's helping me to find the right key for the melody as I continue writing the lyrics. So far, everything looks well, even though we goofed around for most of the time.

-Give me a long wig and a dress; I'll become the best opera singer out there! – Jungwoo claimed as I continued to laugh at him.

-Take Jaehyun with you, and both can make the duet for the titanic. – I suggested, remembering the Halloween costumes they wore time ago.

-Oh! Genius! – Jungwoo smirked before laughing.

I chuckled at Jungwoo's reaction before saving the process of the second song.

-Hyung. – Jungwoo called, making me look at him. -Do you think Mark will know that the song you wrote is about him? – Jungwoo curiously asked.

-I don't know; maybe he will. After all, we did include several hints. – I replied before closing the windows and turning off the computer. -But why are you asking? – I curiously asked.

-Haechan talked with me this morning and told me that Mark is still overthinking many things about your relationship. – Jungwoo pointed out, causing me to frown.

-This morning? – I questioned, which Jungwoo nodded for in response. -Really? – I said, confused.

-Yes! So, I'm glad that you are sure of what you feel for Mark. Maybe he can feel more relaxed once you talk with him. – Jungwoo supposed.

-The "couple life" is something new to both of us. So, I guess I understand why Mark might feel unsettled with everything that is happening. – I deduced before taking a deep breath, slightly smiling at Jungwoo. -Let's return with the rest of the members; we still have songs to complete with them. – I reminded Jungwoo, who nodded in response.

-Sure! But don't forget that you have to tell Mark that he will appear in your music video, hyung. – Jungwoo spoke, which made me turn slightly shy.

-Jungwoo, stop mentioning that part. I already know what to do. – I assured my friend before he chuckled, and then we walked out of the room.

I closed the door behind us as we continued to walk through the hallway. Jungwoo seems happier than other days, which makes me feel glad that he's having so much fun regardless of the constant pressure over us.

-When we get inside the studio, don't forget to tell Jaehyun about our idea. – I reminded Jungwoo, causing him to laugh at my words. Shortly, we stood in front of the entrance and got inside the room, noticing that the group is still working hard.

-Jaehyun-ah! Be my opera partner! – Jungwoo happily shouted before running towards Jaehyun, who looked at Jungwoo, confused. I laughed along with the members as Jungwoo hugged Jaehyun.

-Yuta. – I heard Taeyong speak, making me look at him. -Where is Mark? – Taeyong asked.

-Mark? – I looked at Taeyong, confused. Then, I checked the room and noticed he isn't there.

-I sent Mark to search for you two. – Taeyong pointed out.

-We came because Jungwoo already helped me a lot. – I claimed before Taeyong's phone started to sound. He took it out and read the message.

-Who is it? – I asked after noticing Taeyong's worried expression.

Suddenly, Taeyong held my hand and looked at me. -Do you trust me? – Taeyong asked.

-Uh, yes. -  I said, confused.

-Okay, let's go then. – Taeyong spoke before taking me out of the studio, and as soon as we got out to the hallway, he started to run while still holding my hand.

-Taeyong! Where are we going? – I asked before reaching the staircase, and immediately we got down.

Get 2 U: Chaotic Minds || YUMARK (S1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara