Chapter 21: Face to Face

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Yuta's POV-

I stared at Baekhyun while standing in front of Mark, covering him from the man disturbing him. The blood on my veins is boiling as I keep my eyes on Baekhyun, but it appears that he won't back down without a fight. So, I closed my hands, my expression earnest and somewhat scary. He's already on my nerves.

-Do you need anything? – Baekhyun carelessly questioned.

-Why are you asking? Are you busy threatening other people? – I inquired, not minding to challenge him inside our working field.

-Let me warn you something, Nakamoto Yuta—

Baekhyun spoke but couldn't finish since I interrupted him. -No, you can't warn me anything. – I claimed, causing him to scoff at my words.

-Why not? It isn't your business, after all. – Baekhyun claimed.

-It is more than you believe so, Baekhyun. – I bitterly answered as he continued to look proud about this confrontation between us.

I can't continue with this; I'm losing my temper already.

-Mark already told you that he doesn't want to be with you. So, back off and stay away from Mark if you keep insisting with the same intentions. – I sternly spoke while raising my chin, challenging Baekhyun to respond or stay silent and go away. But when I noticed the slight smirk on his face, I scoffed and took Mark's hand from behind. -You won't give up quickly. Right? So, get prepared for a war you've never experienced because this guy only has one owner. – I warned Baekhyun before walking away while guiding Mark out of there.

I wandered through the hallways, trying to find the recording studio to meet with the rest of our teammates. But subtle pulls on my t-shirt caused me to stop my way inside the room ahead of us. Briefly, I looked at Mark before taking a deep breath.

I can't talk to him right now; it's impossible that I'll stay composed.

The shine on Mark's eyes and the worried expression on his face made me realize that I scared him.

-What happened back there? Huh? – Mark asked, concerned. But I couldn't answer since the words didn't come to my head. -Yuta! – Mark insisted, getting slightly desperate.

I looked away from Mark before shaking my head gently. Then, I lifted my chin and cupped his face between my hands, shortly pulling him closer to kiss his lips. The deepness of it caused Mark to hold onto my shoulder while trying to follow my movements. But soon, I pulled away before resting my chin on his shoulder.

-Yuta? – Mark murmured before stroking my back.

-I love you, Mark. Okay? And I promise we'll discuss this situation later. But for now, only know that everything's alright, and no one will get between us. – I whispered while holding Mark close to me, not minding that someone could see us. But before he could ask me something else, I got apart from him and entered the recording room in front of us.

Keep it together, Yuta. You are worried about your boyfriend more than he already is, so try to compose yourself.

*Later that day: nighttime*

The group worked hard to finish the album's tracks, leaving the rest in the last stage before recording them. Fortunately, everything went as planned for NCT 127; however, I didn't speak with Mark in the end portion of the day since I couldn't face him. After what happened with Baekhyun, I felt embarrassed that he witnessed the protectiveness I've developed on him. It has always been there, but I had never shown it before since Mark wasn't mine like now. It sounds terrible, but it all comes from a place of love, care, and appreciation.

Right now, we are getting out of the company pretty late. It is time to head home and get some rest, but I had some plans on my own. I still find it hard to face Mark, so I told Taeyong that I wanted to go for a ride before going to the house, which he didn't oppose.

-You have to come before the early morning, okay? We have several things to do for the comeback, and don't forget the music video for your EP. – Taeyong said while smiling at me.

-Alright, I'll try to get home as soon as possible. – I promised before Taeyong patted my back.

-Remember to drive safely, don't drive too fast, Yuta. – Taeyong told me, causing me to chuckle slightly.

-I'll be careful; I promise. – I grinned back before we said goodbye, and after that, I waved at the rest of the members. I walked towards my motorcycle while hearing my friends getting ready to leave and go home.

As I'm watching everyone leave on the van, I'm getting ready to drive away on my motorbike. But suddenly, I heard some footsteps coming closer, causing me to look behind me.

-Mark, what are you doing here? Aren't you going home? – I nervously asked.

-I want to know where are you going, Yuta. – Mark spoke, his eyes not leaving mine.

-I'm going to ride around for some time, but I'll return home early. – I spoke while settling everything to leave.

-Can I go with you? – Mark asked, causing me to look back at him, confused.

What is he trying to do? Mark hates to drive on the motorbike and more at night.

-Do you want to come? – I questioned, which Mark nodded for in response. I sighed before taking the helmet, then gave it to him. -Let's go; jump on the back and hold on tight. – I said before sitting on the motorbike and waited for Mark to come.

Immediately, Mark put the helmet on and jumped on the back of the motorcycle, briefly placing his arms around my waist. I smiled while feeling his grasp tight on me, causing me to take a deep breath before turning on the engine. I pulled the brake up before getting ready to go, and then I began to drive away from the company.

-You have to drive slowly, remember. – Mark told me.

-I know you don't like speed, so I'll drive slower this time. – I said while keeping my eyes on the road.

-Alright. – Mark answered before placing his head on my back, causing me to feel some warmth. I sighed before we arrived at a red light, giving the chance to look at Mark's hand and caress it gently. -I thought you would go home after the schedule. I saw you becoming tired after recording the second song. – Mark pointed out.

-I still have some energy left, and I wanted to ride around before bedtime. – I spoke before the light turned green, making me advance again through the road. -Do you want to see it? – I teased while smiling slightly.

-The energy? No! No, I believe you. – Mark expressed, holding onto me tighter, believing that I would drive faster.

-Hey! I was kidding, don't worry. The speed won't change unless you tell me. – I spoke before chuckling at Mark's reaction, then focusing on the road again.

-You better stay true to your words, Yuta. – Mark complained before cuddling against my back.