Chapter 20: Trouble At Hand

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Midnight*

-Yuta's POV-

Thoughts were the only thing inside my head at the end of the day. My concerns couldn't leave me alone while sleeping inside my room, so I constantly woke up and moved across the bed to find some sleep. But nothing helped at all, so I didn't hesitate more to get up and walk out of the room, carefully closing the door to let Jungwoo sleep.

Currently, I'm walking downstairs to grab some water. So, I reached the first floor and went to the kitchen; I served some water in a cup before drinking it. I stood there for a while, slowly breathing as I attempt to remove my concerns away from my head. Briefly, I drank another cup of water before leaving it on the sink, and then I left the kitchen. Everything is dark since the lights are off, but the backyard still is bright due to the moon and the pool lanterns. But something else caught my eye as I walked closer to the glass door; through it, I could see Mark sitting on the edge of the pool. He's looking upset, and there's no sign of happiness on his expression.

I approached the door and opened it, then going out of the house to be with Mark. Shortly after, I sat next to him, still waiting for him to notice that I'm there next to him. But it seems that Mark is spacing out, just like I've been doing this day.

-Mark. – I called his name, but nothing seemed to change. -Mark! – I repeated, which caused him to blink his eyes a few times, briefly looking up at me.

-Yuta. – Mark said, surprised. -What are you doing here? – Mark asked.

-I couldn't sleep, so I came to have some water. And then, I saw you here alone. – I explained while looking at Mark. -Is everything alright? – I worriedly asked.

Mark shook his head. -I thought about our talk, Yuta. And I feel concerned about the obstacles we're going to experience moving forward. – Mark admitted.

I smiled at my boyfriend before placing my head on his shoulder, shortly holding his arm against me. -You know, I'm glad to know that you worry about us. And honestly, I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about Baekhyun. – I disclosed, causing Mark to look at me.

-Yuta! We already discussed that part. You know that I won't leave you for anybody; we even promised it. – Mark mentioned, slightly concerned. I stared at him with a subtle smile before kissing his cheek.

-We already promise it. Right? So, why do you worry about the obstacles we might experience? – I questioned, using Mark's words to get the answer I want.

-I wonder if later on there'll be someone wanting you as Baekhyun does with me. – Mark admitted before placing his head on mine.

-I could never let you go; are you kidding me? – I answered while smiling at Mark. -You are the only one I love. – I assured my boyfriend before snuggling against him.

-I love you too. – Mark spoke before taking a deep breath, and then I let his arm go and began to hug him against me.

We stayed like that for a few seconds, enjoying the starry night while sitting next to the pool. I felt Mark's warmth under his embrace, making me feel at ease.

-No matter the obstacles between us, I'm always going to return to you, Yuta. – Mark assured me before kissing my head.

I nodded at his words before holding him tighter, feeling like a child whenever he treats me so delicately.

-I'll do the same thing. So, rest assured, Mark. – I softly spoke while enjoying being under his embrace.

*Next morning*

We are back at the label's building, and it seems everybody is working hard once again. I needed to leave my team the morning after we arrived because I had to work on my EP, yet I wished everybody to make vast progress in my absence. When I left my friends and went to the recording studio, I began to work on the first song for the EP. It took some time to get it as I wanted it to sound, and with the help of the producers, the recording went smoothly with the first song.

Currently, I'm warping up the song recording, getting ready to go back with the members to continue with our comeback. It doesn't sound like many things to do. But when I think about tomorrow's schedule, I only hope to go home before midnight. However, I enjoy when I have many activities, it makes me feel active and responsible. Besides, I think about my fans and the reaction they're going to make with each new project we come up with as individual artists and as a group.

I said goodbye to the producers and my manager before getting out of the room. But as I continued to walk, I heard people talking, and it seems like an argument by the sharp tone in the person's voice. Carefully, I approached the hallway, where the chattering comes. But as soon as I peeked to see it, I was in shock by the image my eyes captured. Mark is there with Baekhyun, and it seems that they are arguing about something. I closed my fists while listening to Baekhyun, noticing the position he's putting Mark.

-You didn't give me an answer after your friends came over. – Baekhyun spoke while sternly looking at Mark.

-And did I need to give you one? – Mark asked, sounding upset.

-Yes. I need one from you. – Baekhyun insisted.

-Baekhyun, I see you as a friend and a great teammate. I don't have the same feeling for you; I'm sorry. – Mark honestly said while facing Baekhyun.

-Are you with someone right now? Are you dating Yuta? – Baekhyun asked, causing Mark's expression to change. -You seem surprised that I know; why's that, Mark? – Baekhyun questioned.

-It's nothing that should matter to you. Whatever happens in my love life, it's something only I need to take care of, Baekhyun. – Mark claimed before taking a step back from his friend. -Listen, I honestly don't want to hurt you, but I can't be with you. – Mark repeated himself.

-I don't accept it. Your decision must have a reason, and I want to hear it unless you hid something from me. – Baekhyun spoke, making me annoyedly sigh.

Can't he shut up? This man is more stubborn than I thought.

-Baekhyun, I don't have to explain myself to you. Cut it off now! – Mark said, becoming slightly annoyed.

-Then, I won't give up until I get the answer that I want, Mark. I will chase after you and hope for another answer. – Baekhyun sternly said, briefly stepping closer to Mark.

The distance between them was almost none, so Mark took a step back as Baekhyun continued to approach him until they reached the wall. Baekhyun pinned Mark against it, causing me to widen my eyes as soon as I realized the situation. Without hesitation, I walked towards them, not minding at all the consequences after this.

As soon as I reached Baekhyun's spot, I took his hand away from Mark and stood in front of my boyfriend.

-What are you doing? Leave him alone! – I spoke, finally facing Baekhyun while closing my fists. -He's mine! And I don't fancy when others want to steal what belongs to me. – I expressed, causing Baekhyun to smirk at my words.