Chapter 15: My Heart is Yours

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Later that day*

-Yuta's POV-

The meeting with Lucas and Ten; lasted until our van came to take us back home. After knowing Baekhyun's intentions and how far they're going, I deduced that he isn't aware of the results of his brave decision. Somehow, I felt responsible since I'm the only one between Mark and me; that acknowledges this information. So, it was evident that I would do anything to help Baekhyun avoid any heartbreak because of Mark's feelings. Hopefully, my friends can convince Baekhyun by telling him that my boyfriend won't accept him due to his loyalty to someone else.

I talked with Taeyong about the matter at hand. However, we didn't discuss much since I needed to focus on my EP. But at least I know that Taeyong supports my idea and believes that I'm doing the right thing about Baekhyun's situation. Hopefully, I'm not making any mistake by keeping things away from Mark; after all, as far as I know, he doesn't know anything about Baekhyun's feelings.

When we arrived at the dorms, I took a shower and placed some comfy clothes on me. Then, everybody gathered to discuss our comeback songs and the activities' distribution between the nine members. After our small gathering ended, I took advantage of the extra time of the night. I want to continue writing and composing the songs for my EP; after all, this project should launch before our comeback begins. So, the time that I have seems slightly limited, but I'm still comfortable with it so far.

Right now, I'm outside of the house, sitting on the grass while watching the night from my spot. The few lights around the backyard give me some inspiration to complete the lyrics for the first song. Suddenly, I heard some footsteps coming my way, making me look beside me. I noticed Mark smiling while walking to my spot. I grinned back at him before I continued to focus on the song, and then Mark sat next to me.

-I thought you would be upstairs with Jungwoo. – Mark spoke, causing me to smile slightly.

-No, I let him sleep first. – I said before placing my notes aside, paying attention to Mark. -Jungwoo felt pretty tired, so I thought it was the best idea to come here and let him sleep. – I explained before looking at the hour on my phone.

-It is late. – Mark told me.

-Yes, I didn't notice until now. – I admitted before sighing, on the back of my head, remembering the meeting about Baekhyun.

-I'm glad you didn't sleep; after all, we said we would see each other at night. – Mark said, which I nodded for in response.

-I did remember, but aren't you tired? – I asked.

-I showered and got here a few minutes ago. I let you have some space before disturbing your writing session. – Mark disclosed.

-Oh, alright. I thought you barely arrived. – I admitted before pinching Mark's cheek. He slightly chuckled before we stared at each other. -How were the activities with the Dreamies? – I curiously asked.

-Refreshing. I missed being with the guys a lot. And I'm glad that the fans are happy because I returned to the group. – Mark sincerely said before taking my notes, carefully checking them out. -The preparations for the comeback are close. Do you think there's enough time for the EP? – Mark suddenly questioned.

-I have to work hard, that's for sure. But it's the first week with this project, so I believe everything is running smoothly. – I spoke while looking at Mark as he reads the progress of the song.

-Have you thought about the melody? – Mark asked.

-For the song? – I questioned, which Mark nodded for in response. -I have some ideas, but I still need to finish them before entering the recording studio. – I admitted before Mark placed my notes beside me, then looking back at me.

-You are working quite fast, so I think you can finish the EP on time. However, you need to rest, don't forget about it. – Mark pointed out.

-Yes, I know; there's nothing to worry about, Mark. – I assured him before resting my head on Mark's shoulder. -Tomorrow, I'll leave with you. I forgot the motorbike at the studio. – I told Mark, making him nod.

-Thank god. – Mark murmured.

-Why are you saying that? You know that I love to ride. – I questioned while looking at Mark.

-You can be reckless sometimes, Yuta. And I get scared when you drive so fast. – Mark claimed, making me recall the times I've ridden the motorbike without care.

Only two times, is that enough to make someone feel scared?

-There aren't many times. – I rolled my eyes before Mark placed his head on mine.

-I'm taking care of you, silly. – Mark spoke.

-I know you are, Mark. But there's no need. I already do that for you. – I said before snuggling against Mark. Briefly, both of us got apart from each other, meeting our eyes again.

We stood like that for some moments until Mark raised his hand. He hesitated before tucking my hair behind my ear, then caressing it gently. I closed my eyes while feeling his touch relaxing me, and briefly, I found myself under a soft embrace. I glanced up to meet Mark's face, making both of us smile at each other.

-What is it? – I asked while facing Mark.

-Honestly, I'm still thinking about what happened last night. And I have to be sincere with you about it. – Mark spoke, causing me to look at him, confused.

-Mark, we already talked about it in the morning. – I pointed out, but Mark immediately shook his head.

-I didn't tell you why I cried, though. – Mark said before holding my hand, pressing it slightly. -Taeyong. – He blankly said.

-Taeyong made you cry? – I asked, stunned.

-No, no, well, yes. But not in the way you think. – Mark stuttered before taking a deep breath. -I saw you working with him for your EP. So, I got slightly upset about it, and for some reason, it hit me a lot. After all, I had so many thoughts inside my head that day. – Mark explained, causing me to chuckle slightly.

For the first time, Mark was jealous. I never thought that could happen. He did get upset when I got assigned to be in a room with Jungwoo, but it isn't the same.

-Well, you already saw my progress of today. So, I hope that makes you feel better. – I sincerely said before caressing Mark's hand. -Taeyong supports our relationship, and I think he wants us to be happy. – I told my partner, hoping he would change his thoughts about our friend.

-I trust Taeyong, but when I saw you so happy, I got upset out of nowhere. So, I felt terrible for feeling that way, and with all the stress on me, I began to cry. – Mark disclosed before I pecked his cheek, making him stare back at me.

-Mark, Mark, there's nothing to fear. Okay? I only like you, and no one else can take that away. – I assured while smiling at him.

-You are always making me feel better despite the hour. How do you do it? – Mark questioned while messing with my hair.

-I won't tell you the ultimate secret. – I claimed, causing Mark to laugh at my words. I snuggled against him as we continued to enjoy our company. Then, Mark held me tight before we looked at the starry night above us.

I wish for this day to repeat over and over. I feel that you are now someone I can't live without having around.