Chapter 8: Evening Escape

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Early morning*

-Yuta's POV-

I'm waking up past midnight. I couldn't sleep much since I was having a lot of things inside my head, so I decided to go downstairs and sit down on the corner of the door frame that leads into the backyard. The night it's chilly; the holiday season is once again coming back to us. I'm glad for those times of the year. After all, it's all about giving love to the rest of your family and friends. As I began to think more deeply about the time of the year, I stood up and walked towards the kitchen. I heard some noises, which made me look carefully around the room.

In front of me, I saw a shadow. But as soon as I heard it sigh, I deduced who was there with me. It feels like we had the same reason to stay awake.

-Mark? – I said while looking at the figure, steps away from me.

-Yuta, what are you doing here? – Mark asked, surprised.

-I couldn't sleep, so I woke up to take some fresh air. – I explained while walking towards Mark. -And what about you? Why are you awake? – I asked curiously.

-I had a lot of things in mind, so I decided to come down and grab some water. – Mark said while showing off the empty glass, and then he placed it on the sink.

Both of us stood in silence; I kept staring at Mark, though. The light from the night was giving me enough clarity to see my lover. I walked towards Mark, making him stare back at me almost immediately. I stood next to him before taking a deep breath.

-Are you okay? – I asked, remembering what happened yesterday.

-Yes, yes, it's just that this situation is new to me. – Mark spoke before looking at me. -I know you are in the same place, but it seems like you are just fine. – Mark pointed out, making me chuckle slightly.

-I'm feeling scared. So, I hope you aren't feeling that way because of me, Mark. – I revealed while placing my hands behind my back, holding the edge of the counter for support.

-What are you scared of, Yuta? – Mark asked, intrigued.

-I don't know, perhaps I don't want to make something that might hurt you. – I sighed before looking down to the floor.

Mark didn't say anything as a reply; instead, he walked towards me and started to hug me tightly. I couldn't answer back since my head is still thinking about my last talk with Taeyong.

-Please, hold me back. – Mark murmured while placing his head on my chest. I took a deep breath after hearing his request, but then I wrapped my arms around Mark's body before holding him against me.

Briefly, Mark looked up to meet my eyes; I caressed his hair while removing it from his face, but then he abruptly kissed my lips. I followed his movements as he started to hold my shoulder for stability; I leaned deeper into each kiss and took the back of Mark's head while both enjoyed the moment. Gradually, we split apart; Mark with a smile on his face.