Chapter 26: Piece of Sunrise

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Evening*

-Mark's POV-

Once I finished recording my part for the album's last song, Haechan approached me with a note. He told me that Yuta came to see me but needed to go somewhere else due to his schedule. When he gave me Yuta's letter, I read what it said: "Can you wait for me at the end of the day? I need to talk with you." It didn't surprise me that Yuta desired to speak to me; after all, I was about to ask for the same thing. Unfortunately, I didn't meet with him for the rest of the day; I couldn't go to the recording studio when it was his turn to meet with the producers since I was busy with the other members. Yet, I talked with Haechan about his conversation with Yuta. And after hearing everything my boyfriend said, I regretted my behavior after the game show we had. I think I took things further than they should have been.

Currently, I'm sitting down in the common area while waiting for Yuta to come out. I'm moving my head in circles, attempting to relax my neck. It's already late, and he hasn't come out of the meeting room. I'm starting to become worried as I see the time pass every time I look at my phone screen.

Perhaps I'm not used to waiting for him that often.

I sighed at my thoughts before placing my elbows on my knees, then looking down at the floor. But suddenly, I heard people talking and a door opening. Immediately, I looked to the front and saw Yuta saying goodbye to some staff members, and as soon as he started to walk through the corridor, I stood up and looked at him. He stopped walking while staring at me, stunned. But then, he continued his way towards me, and in a few seconds, we met face to face.

-I thought you wouldn't come. – Yuta said while still looking at me the same way.

-And I thought you wouldn't seek any conversation with me. – I mentioned before sighing. -Yuta, I have to apologize to you; I took this issue too far. – I sincerely said, but Yuta only shook his head.

-No. I also need to admit how I didn't consider what you needed. – Yuta spoke before taking a deep breath. -I let my jealousy take over me, and I confronted Baekhyun when you told me not to do it. – Yuta disclosed as I could see guilt written across his face.

-Yuta, you only defended us, and that's what I couldn't see before. – I admitted before looking at the hour on my phone. -Listen, it's getting late, and we have to get home on your motorbike since the members already left. So, what if we get going and talk when we get there? – I suggested while glancing back at Yuta.

-Sure. – Yuta nodded, and then we started to walk towards the elevator. -Mark. – Yuta called my name, causing me to look back at him.

-What is it? – I asked.

-I only want to tell you that, at the game show, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Honestly, I thought you didn't care who I chose. – Yuta disclosed as we reached the elevator. Then, he pressed the button, and the doors opened.