Feelings

Kaede

Okay okay...I should just get this over with right? I know I told Shuichi that I liked him back then...but he had a crush on Kokichi. I mean anyone could see that...I can't believe I was so dumb. I looked over at Rantaro who was sitting at the table next to me. He seemed so calm and composed and he always gives great advice...so maybe he can help me win Shuichi over before Kokichi is able to get him in a relationship.

"Hey Rantaro?" I asked him, moving over to sit in the open chair next to him. He slowly looked up at me nodding slightly. "Kaede? What's up?" He asked, studying me as if it was some strange occurrence for me to talk to him. Granted...I only really got closer to him to try to get some stuff about Kokichi that maybe Shuichi wouldn't like--and I always used him for help with homework...I shook my head a bit.

"Well I wanted to ask you about Shuichi," I said smiling but he didn't seem to fall for my smile. "I see, you still hung up on trying to get him to date you?" His eyes told me that I should just stop trying and frankly I don't blame him. I have been hung up on Shuichi for the longest time and I don't think me still trying to get with him even though he obviously likes Kokichi...but he knows I'm persistent.

"Yes of course I am, he is absolutely amazing, adorable, smart, kind-" I stopped myself shaking my head a bit. Calm down Kaede...I know you like him but now isn't the time to obsess over him in front of Rantaro. "Anyway—I want to be with him because in my eyes he is worth all of the trouble of trying to win him over." I finished. Rantaro sighed a bit and looked to the side.

"I'll talk to him okay, but you have to know that he likes someone else. So don't get your hopes up Kaede," he moves his hands to the table before folding them together. I smiled a bit already feeling my hopes get up. "I think that's all I needed! Thank you Rantaro!" I got up before moving over to give him a hug. He let me do so before I pulled away and pranced off to start my day.

...Shuichi

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket as me and Kokichi were walking to lunch break. I was a little jumpy because of this but shook my head as we walked. I think Kokichi noticed this because he soon pulled my phone out of my back pocket and unlocked it.

"Kokichi," I said reaching for my phone, but he held his finger up telling me that he was busy looking at whatever message was sent. His face was in a teasing smile before he frowned a bit. I was taken aback from the facial expression change. Remembering how his facial expressions change so constantly it makes my head spin. It makes it hard to talk, hard to breathe, and hard to speak sometimes.

"Shuichi." His serious tone snapped me out of my thoughts. I felt concern and worry pour onto my shoulders like cold mud. It was a slow feeling as it consumed me making all of my thoughts go back to this one question. 'What did the message say?' "Rantaro wants to talk to you after the Party he is hosting tomorrow," his soft smile told me that there was something else on his mind.

"Oh, is that all?" I asked relaxing a bit before he moved my phone so I could read the message.

Rantaro: Hey Shuichi, you and Kokichi are coming to the party tomorrow right? Anyway, I need to talk to you after or during. It's about Kaede.

Kaede? But why would he want to talk to me about Kaede? Maybe that's why Kokichi's mood changed so quickly. "Koki...does knowing I have to talk to Rantaro about Kaede bother you?" I moved my hand to touch his shoulder before he moved away from me with a laugh. "Of course it doesn't bother me Shumai!" He said walking ahead of me making it hard for me to keep up.

"Kokichi!" I called out after him having to run a bit to catch up with him. "Hey...I know this may make you mad, but I should at least see what Rantaro wants to talk about," I said softly before he looked up at me with a glare.

"I think we both know what he wants to talk about." He said coldly before moving away from me. I wanted to follow after him, but his posture and the mood change told me otherwise. I'm sure this whole Kaede business is making him worried about losing me. I would be too...not that I would ever leave him. Kaede is nice and all, but I love Kokichi and I like Kaede as a friend. But I know Kaede and she doesn't stop until she gets what she wants. So if she wants me then this may become an issue.

Wait, maybe Rantaro wants to talk to me about telling Kaede that me and Kokichi are dating...

That's when it all clicked. Kokichi must be angry with me because I never told Kaede that we were together! God I'm such a dumbass...I want to make it up to him somehow...I need to make it up to him somehow. But as of now I will let him have a moment to himself as I was the one to make him angry because I was too scared to talk to Kaede about me and him dating...god I really am a dumbass...

I looked in the direction he walked away to before I moved to send him a text.

Shuichi: Hey, sorry for not telling Kaede about us. I'm going to talk to Rantaro tomorrow and make things right

I closed my phone after sending the message hoping that maybe he wouldn't be mad at me when I got back to the dorms after classes. I felt my shoulders slump against mentally beating myself up for making this simple mistake. Come on Shuichi, you need to make sure to go the extra mile every time for Kokichi. He deserves the world and you need to make sure to give him that as well as giving him all the love I have for him. Even if you have to put your feelings on display in the cafeteria to get his attention.

I blushed at that thought seeing Kokichi over talking to Nagito and some other upperclassmen. Okay Shuichi...you got this. I took a deep breath in before I moved to stand on an empty table. God I wish Kaede had our lunch...because then I would only have to do this once.

As I moved onto the table some people looked over to see what I was doing. I felt terribly embarrassed, but knew I had to make it up to Kokichi somehow. "Kokichi Ouma!" I yelled out drawing his attention over to me. His face had 'what the hell are you doing?' written all over it...but I knew I had to do this for him, because I love him and want him to forgive me.

"I LOVE YOU!" I felt like my face was burning off as the people around me all were staring at me. I kept my eyes on Kokichi pretending that it was just me and him in the room and that helped me calm down a bit. "Shuichi? What are you doing?!" He yelled back as he moved over to me grabbing my hand pulling me off the table. I could see a blush on his cheeks making me blush.

"I love you to...but you don't have to do something crazy like that to show me. I'm sorry I was angry with you for not telling Kaede, but come here" he held his hand out to me and pulled me into a hug as some people in the crowd looked away or said aww at the embarace.

"I love you Shu, sorry for making you feel like you had to go out of your comfort zone to get me to snap out of it" he said gently before I moved to kiss his cheek. "Thank you for that." I smiled, kissing him, feeling all that stress and worry go away in this moment.

Because one thing will never change, it's me and Kokichi against the world.

-Here is the next part! Sorry for taking so long--finally figured out the plot for this story! Thank you for all of your patience-

-SK-