Skating

.   .   .

"Rantaro-Chan!!" Kokichi yelled over to his friend. Rantaro slowly skated over to him carefully looking down at him.

"Did you fall again?" He asked, holding out his hand. Kokichi slapped his hand away and struggled to get up about 7 times before he got up.

"No of course not!" He yelled folding his arms over his chest. Rantaro sighed and was about to go skate away before Kokichi grabbed his arm.

"Actually Rantaro, I want to learn to skate better," He said letting his hair cover his face. Rantaro looked over with wide eyes. It's not often Kokichi even bothers to ask for help even if he obviously needs it.

"You do? Well, let's start with learning how to balance," He said with a smile. Kokichi smiles at him and was glad he chose Roller skates instead of Roller blades because they are slightly easier to balance on.

Rantaro skated backwards around the skating rink while holding Kokichi's hands. Kokichi was a little shaky at first but after the first couple of loops around the empty rink he was already ready to let go.

The rink was empty because today was a Sunday and they were closed on Sundays but because Kokichi was a good friend of Rantaro's he was able to come in on maintenance days to just skate. The rink was really quiet and spacious on these days which Kokichi liked a lot, because he could focus better when there weren't people always yelling and talking. Especially since he is just learning.

Kokichi let go of his hands and started to go faster and faster around the rink. He has always been a fast learner so Rantaro wasn't that surprised that he was already skating pretty well. Kokichi laughed as the music played quietly in the background as Rantaro watched him as he sat down at a table.

After a while, Rantaro stopped Kokichi for him to be able to go home because it was around that time again. Kokichi skated over with a smile on his face.

"Thanks again for today Rantaro-Chan!" He exclaimed, taking his skates off before giving Rantaro a hug. Rantaro patted his back with a small laugh.

"Hey, Kokichi I have something for you," He said slowly moving over to the rental counter. Kokichi watched him curiously as he walked over with him.

"What's that Rantaro-Chan?" He asked with a teasing smile. Rantaro grabbed something from behind the back counter. It was a gift wrapped in purple wrapping paper. Kokichi smiled and looked up at him.

"This is for you," He said with a smile as he handed him the box. Kokichi immediately ripped through the paper revealing a box with two brand new skates in it.

"Rantaro," He said with a smile on his face. But before he could say anything else Rantaro spoke.

"You always like skating so much, so here are some skates so you don't always have to rent them," He said rubbing the back of his neck. Kokichi smiled and placed the box on the table.

"Thank you!" He said, giving him another hug. Rantaro laughed a bit before hugging him back.

"Yeah, anything for my best friend," He said with a chuckle.

.   .   .

This became the normal for the two to do on Sundays. Kokichi would always come in with his skates to skate around while Rantaro would teach him new tricks. Kokichi loved every second, because no matter what was going on with everything else skating was the one thing he knew he could go and do. It was calming to him. Even though it's fast paced with Kokichi while the music is blasting through the speakers as chatter erupts from the other skaters, he loved it. Every second of it, he loved it.