Lunch with Rantaro

We all walked over to a table farther away from the other students but not so far that we couldn't make out what they were saying. Not that I minded I was just interested in this minor detail.

"How have you two been?" Rantaro asked winking at Kokichi. Kokichi groaned and looked back at him with a playful glare.

"Why are you so dumb?!" Kokichi gasped putting his head down on the table to hide his face.

"Kokichi, sorry, you are just so easy to tease!" Rantaro said laughing into his hand. I felt myself laugh a bit two making Kokichi give me a side glare as well. I flinched at the action but soon relaxed when he raised his head again.

"Shuichi!" He gasped getting his playful tone of voice again. I smiled and grabbed his hand in mine, resting it on his thigh under the table. Letting my finger rub the back of his hand.

"Have you told anyone else about you two yet?" He paused for a moment but started speaking again before either of us could answer.

"Kaito was acting off earlier so I'm assuming you must have already told him and Maki. So what happened?" He said making me gasp at how perceptive he is.

"Yeah, Kaito was being an ass and a homophobe and Maki talked to him yesterday. So today he apologized." Kokichi said lazily opening his bento box.

Rantaro laughed again smiling at Kokichi. "That is a very blunt way to put it. But yeah...Kaito can be an ass when it comes to anything related or about the LGBTQ+ community..." He frowned and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

Kaito has always had a tendency to avoid the topic if it comes up...and he always gets uncomfortable when people are either gay...or talking about being gay...I think it's going to be hard for him to be around us together...and this will make it harder for him to hang out with me...but I'm sure Maki can smack some sense into him. Right?

"No shit Rantaro-Chan!" Kokichi yelled making some others glance over at us before they saw Kokichi and just turned back around.

I'm sure everyone in the school knows about Kokichi's random outbursts by now...I think the new students that came in this year even know by now. But I mean it's nice when they don't make a big deal about it every time it happens.

"Anyway, how have you been doing Shuichi?" He looked over at me while Kokichi scoffed at him. I put my hand to my chin.

"Well school is going alright, it's a pain to get up to come but that's nothing new...um, I also feel stressed about tests and assignments...if that's what you were asking..." I put my head down feeling my face flush.

Whenever someone gives me attention or asks me a question that isn't for help or something like that...I always get really flustered...I'm glad it isn't always like that with Kokichi and I'm glad that I have been getting better from being friends with a lot of people...or at least talking to them occasionally.

"That's good for the most part, I'm sorry about you feeling stressed. Stress can do a lot to you," He said placing a supportive hand on my shoulder. I noticed his hand moved away suddenly when Kokichi gave him a death glare...he always gets so jealous, it's just so cute.

"Yeah, it can..." I whispered remembering the first case I solved...I felt myself get lost in my thoughts again.

Should I even be considered the ultimate detective? Do I deserve that title from solving one case? Kyoko is much more qualified than I will ever be...

"Hey, don't worry about it ok," He gave me a smile. I'm assuming because of what happened earlier he is being extra cautious of touching me.

"Why don't you guys come to my party on Saturday?" Rantaro asked making Kokichi sit up in his chair.

"A party?!" He said with a wide smile. He is just so cute! I don't know how he does it...and whenever he does I just want to smother him...but I know now is not the time.

"Yeah, I was going to ask you guys sometime today but didn't find you until now. But I found you at the right time!" He paused for a moment pulling out his phone sending us both more details on the party.

"Since you are both probably stressed it will be a great way to calm you a bit! A way to blow off some steam!" Kokichi smiles at him and looked over at me. It was like he was asking for permission...I wasn't sure if that's what it was but I gave him a nod either way.

"I would love to come! And I'm sure Shuichi would like to be there with me!! Right my love~!" He poked my shoulder making me blush again. I hid my face in my hands...I hate how easily he can do this to me...

"Sounds great!" Rantaro smiled before the bell sounded again right as we were finishing up.

"Welp time for us to go to class! Talk again sometime avocado~!" Kokichi teased poking Rantaro in the cheek making me feel slightly jealous but I didn't say anything.

They are friends and have been for the entire year. So I'm sure it's nothing for me to worry about...Kokichi said that he loved me...and we are together...I hope this isn't anything...am I overthinking this again.

"We should go sweetheart~," Kokichi whispered in my ear immediately snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ah, sorry!" I grabbed his hand and we walked to class. I'm so glad the school day is almost over...I really need a nap...I know I won't be able to take one when we get back...but I just want to go back to the dorm to be with Kokichi...

"Aww~ is my little Shumai tired~," I shook my head again feeling a blush come to my face. Kokichi...well at least I'm awake now...

-Lunch with our favorite Avocado!! I love Rantaro! I love their brotherhood with each other! Anyway, thank you all so much for reading!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-