Love, Real Love

Kokichi's POV

Love that word is very vague. What does someone mean by that? Lust, attraction, delusion...or maybe even real love. Especially now, seeing all the faces and smiles, even the ads on Tv...they are all surrounding body image and how you must be beautiful. Especially for females. They are expected to be so pretty and perfect...not that males are that different. The world only cares about love being sex-oriented...because they make more money off of lust than they do with love and it makes me sick.

I look at Shuichi chasing after me and it makes me smile. This is the kind of love I have been looking for, someone who wants to keep trying to catch up to me, someone who has the dedication and motivation to stick with me even though I can be an annoying brat sometimes! He has determination to be able to be with me, because I need someone with a commitment to me and a will to become better. Not that Shuichi isn't good enough or anything, it's just he shows that even if he isn't where I am in a certain area that he wants to try to become better. But not like trying to become me, he does it in his own way making the thing his own. He keeps the parts of him he doesn't like as much and works on them because he knows I want him to be able to be comfortable with himself just as he is with me!

The lights of the roller rink always bring back so many memories of when me and Rantaro would go skating. We would whenever we had time, either if that was on Sundays when they were doing maintenance and other things, or when it was a normal weekday where it was packed with people. I love going skating or doing anything that gives me an adrenaline rush. I love feeling the wind blow through my hair when I go fast. The feeling is hard to put into words.

My face gets all hot because of how out of breath I am, while at the same time my heart and head are going fast while the world slows as I focus on the moment I am in. Being able to have the moment as it is without technology always getting in the way and making it hard to really experience any of it. Because even if I don't acknowledge it I'm thinking about my phone and the people and things on there when I have it on me all the time, so being able to leave it somewhere while I get to embrace the moment makes everything feel more real and genuine.

A song started playing as I skated around holding Shuichi's hand. Eventually I turned around so I was facing him while I still looked behind me to be able to not crash into anything. He had a blush on his face as the song played.

Lady, hear me tonight

'Cause my feeling is just so right

The breeze of the fan blew through my hair as the lights flashed a variety of reds, blues, and pinks, and purples. It added to the feeling of being there in the moment. I closed my eyes for a moment and felt the warmth from his hands being in my own.

As we dance by the moonlight

Can't you see you're my delight?

The colors flashed as I looked into his eyes. He was the only one I could see in the room. The rest of the room was silenced out while the music was in the back of my focus. His breath and heat were the only things I could really see. For just a moment it seemed like the world was just our own.

Lady, I just feel like

I won't get you out of my mind

I feel loved for the first time

And I know that it's true

I can tell by the look in your eyes

Soft breaths coming from his soft lips. I wanted to kiss him but I knew I should be focusing on not running into anything...

Lady, hear me tonight

'Cause my feeling is just so right

As we dance by the moonlight

Can't you see you're my delight?

Maybe I should ask Rantaro if I could bring him on a Sunday so we could just be here alone. Just me and him together while we both skate and talk while the music plays in the background making it all more surreal.

Lady, I just feel like

I won't get you out of my mind

I feel loved for the first time

And I know that it's true

I can tell by the look in your eyes

Love the moment and be free, right now, it's just me and Shuichi against the world. Nothing else matters.

Lady, hear me tonight

'Cause my feeling is just so right

As we dance by the moonlight

Can't you see you're my delight?

His eyes and his face are the only thing that I want to see, me and him meant to be. Those words make my heart flutter. I felt a small blush of embarrassment and love come to my face, but it couldn't be visible because of the lights and because my face was already red from skating around.

Lady, I just feel like

I won't get you out of my mind

I feel loved for the first time

And I know that it's true

I can tell by the look in your eyes

The song was coming to a close and I knew we had to head back soon seeing as closing time was coming soon. I wanted to stay here forever...but getting sleep is a necessity sadly.

Lady, hear me tonight

'Cause my feeling is just so right

I mean sleeping is alright especially since Shuichi is there to cuddle me. It makes it easier for me to be able to calm all of my thoughts down before I go to sleep, so I will be able to get a restful sleep.

Lady, I just feel like

I feel loved for the first time

Lady, hear me tonight

Can't you see you're my delight?

Kaito and Maki were over at the table and Kaito was breathing hand while Maki held onto his shoulder. I'm assuming Kaito fell or maybe overexerted himself somehow...what a dumbass...

Lady, I just feel like

I won't get you out of my mind

Lady, hear me tonight

'Cause my feeling is just so right

After the song I could tell by the look Shuichi was giving to the two sitting at the table that it was time to leave. I skated back over to the table with Shuichi and got my shoes back on before grabbing my phone. There were some of the usual people nagging at me but it was all the normal things that always happen. I sighed and went to Shuichi who was talking to Kaito and Maki.

"That was fun! Are you guys ready to go?" Kaito asked before Shuichi replied.

"Yeah," He said with a small smile. I smiled as well as we walked out the door.

-No word back about my job application! And more homework stuff to get done tomorrow! Thank you all so much for reading!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-