The Party

I guess after all this time going to school and only talking to a few friends made me forget what it was like going to parties and hanging out with people like this. But being with Kokichi I assume this is something that will be happening more often. I don't mind this in the slightest because if anything I need to be getting out more--because god I stay inside studying and reading all the time.

"Shumai~" He groaned from the edge of my bed where he was sitting while I was getting ready for the party. Usually, I would be ready before he was ready, but in this case, I was so concerned about talking to Rantaro and having to talk about Kaede...as well as having to tell her about me and Kokichi's relationship. The idea of even having to do that makes me feel nervous. I mean I still have to talk to Rantaro about these things and god it was making me nervous.

"We should get going~!" He whines snapping me out of my thoughts again. Jeez Shuichi, focus. Breathe in, breathe out. You have to get ready, drive to the party with Kokichi, and then talk to Rantaro about me and Kokichi dating as well as talking to Kaede about the same thing...

"Right...right" I sighed to myself. Okay, so think of it like this Shuichi...you are telling an old friend about how you are dating the guy you have always had a crush on--except..

My face went pale for a moment as we walked out of the room to go down to the car with him. Rantaro's house was a little ways away...and I told Kokichi I was going to be driving. This being because we both know that he isn't able to drive well if he is tried--so I decided I was going to drive.

It's not that I don't like driving or anything like that...it's just Kokichi tends to be more touchy when it comes to affection and knowing he is indeed touch starved it only further proves my point. I want to be able to hold him in the back seat of the car while someone else drives, but so many of our friends have already left for the party. I looked over at Kokichi who was holding my hand as I led him to the passenger's seat before I moved to get into the driver's seat.

The night was fairly cold and it wasn't even that late for either of us yet. The nights get very full when either of us gets a big project because, believe it or not, Kokichi is a precrastinator same as I. So we both get working on it and try to do the best we can to get it done as quickly as possible...but this is our life now I guess going to this more demanding school—except the times all the classes work together and there are only a few small assignments. You may think that would be comforting to not have a lot of big assignments, but trust me when I say it's only more stressful.

Regardless of my thoughts, I started driving to where Rantaro's party was located. I felt a little nervous knowing this would be the first party that me and Kokichi went to as boyfriends. Kind of funny to think of how quickly this whole thing happened. I mean only last month the whole date happened and Kokichi and I confessed to one another. I even didn't expect him to feel the same way because he is always lying and messing with my feelings like paints on a canvas. A canvas he keeps adding more paints to making the art piece hard to interpret. Meaning that whenever I get close to analyzing him he always has more aspects and more colors that he shows to make this whole process difficult.

"Hey Shumai?" He asked slowly as I was getting onto the freeway. I looked over at him for a moment with a side glance. "Yes, Kokichi?" I asked, feeling a small blush come to my cheeks. I don't know why I was blushing, but when he does things like that how am I not supposed to blush?

"I wanted to thank you," he said looking to the side. I could tell he was blushing by the way his voice became more hushed. As if he was trying to hide something, make something unknown to me by lowering the volume of the one thing I can get any information from. This would usually work with anyone else if they weren't looking at him, but with me, I know exactly what this means.