Rose

...

I can't believe I finally got to hangout with Kaede! This year started out a little rocky--but I'm back on my feet and I have a good group of friends that have my back! I feel confident with them by my side! I have everything I ever wanted, I have a good group of friends, I'm popular, and I feel happy! Always being invited to parties, having all the guys want to be my boyfriend and then turning them away a moment later because they do not deserve me! It's nice to feel confident in myself. And that I am able to feel more confident because of them.

"Hey Rosaline! You are needed on the dance floor!" I heard Kaede yell to me through the crowd. I smiled and held onto my skirt while I walked to make sure I didn't trip because god that would be so uncool...but here we are. I walked out to where she was. She was with another boy and I didn't know who he was but he was taller than me and a little intimidating. I already have my eyes on someone I met a while back...but I'm positive Kaede and the others would not approve. Which is why...me and his relationship has to be a secret.

It's not that I don't like being seen with him...he honestly makes me feel so happy and comfortable...wait a minute...

"Welcome! That dress shows off your beautiful body! I'm sure guys will be all over you~" Kaede was known for saying things like this to her friends...I pretend to just laugh along and go along with it...but god it makes me just feel like an item. But she helped me fit in and now I'm cool! So now I fit in!

.

.

.

"Hey Rose, I know we have only known each other for about a year now...but I wanted to ask you if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" Ryoma looked over at me as we sat together doing some homework on a bench in the park. It was honestly so romantic, but he just has a way of saying things that makes it feel more special.

"I would love to...I didn't think you were going to ask me, but I'm glad you did." I whispered feeling heat come to my cheeks. He isn't one to blush but at this moment his cheeks became slightly pink when I moved my hand to hold his own.

"Thank you..." He whispered looking to the side. I smiled before I moved to lean against him a bit. I made sure to not overwhelm him as I was more than a foot taller than him. He makes me feel accepted because a lot of guys don't want to date me because of how long my legs are compared to my torso...and how small my breasts are...Kaede told me to stuff my bra or she would not let me be friends with her anymore. So I did so and I could tell Ryoma disliked me trying to make myself into someone I wasn't.

.

.

.

Me and Ryoma were out on a date and he took me back to his room and he was just giving me a massage and it was really nice.

"But hey, I have been noticing that you hangout with Kaede. Does that make you feel happy?" He asked before I thought about it. It has been about a year and a half since Kaede and I have been friends...at this point I don't even know if I would call it that...

She manipulates me into doing things I don't want to, she made me feel self conscious about my body to the point where I started wearing a lot of makeup and stuffing my bra and wearing tight clothes...I stopped eating the things I enjoyed because Kaede told me it made me look fat when I did that...I have given up so much for her and what has she given me.

"Hey hey, sorry for asking, I can see she hasn't been treating you kindly...I should have stepped in sooner." His voice sounded sad and I noticed that my back was slumped and my cheeks were wet. Ryoma was standing in front of me and holding my cheek with his hand. I blushed at the action and realized that the thoughts running through my head made me begin to cry.

"I'm sorry, I'm getting all emotional over nothing," I whispered, feeling my body let more tears out as I moved my hands to wipe them. Ryoma took my hands in his own and kissed each of them. "No, don't say that, listen to me okay?" He whispered before he moved to push me down on my bed so he was looking down at me.

"You don't deserve to be treated this way, and I am going to help you get out of this, you are safe now with me." Ryoma was so kind to me it just made me cry more, but I didn't feel like I had to hide it any more.

...

"She took everything from me and used me in ways I don't want to remember. She made me do things that would make me look more attractive to males as well as making me feel like I had to starve myself to keep myself 'happy'" Her tone was cold and they could all tell that this was very traumatic for the girl. Rantaro ended up speaking first after Ryoma frowned a bit and moved his hand to rub Rose's back.

"She did horrible things to you...she is just doing this for attention and for the drama and it's destroying people and their lives..." He paused for a moment before Kokichi interrupted him.

"We need to put a stop to this! Rose- not that I know you well, but you are Ryoma's girlfriend so I already have respect for you and Kaede can't treat people I RESPECT like she treated you- Rose didn't deserve this and we all know it!" Kokichi yelled before Shuichi nodded and added a small 'I agree with that'

"Yes, we need to do something to stop the loop she is continuing...all the girls in her group at the moment must be victims to this as well." Rantaro spoke softly before Shuichi spoke up,

"I agree with you...one of them is named Nica and she is one of my friends' sisters and he noticed that she stopped talking to him and never even ate anything anymore. Her weight has gone down and he believes that she has developed some eating disorder...but whenever he tries to bring it up with her she just gets away from him and doesn't even talk to him." Shuichi spoke the truth as he usually would. Kokichi frowned a bit.

"My point exactly! There needs to be a stop to this!" Kokichi put one of his hands up while the other one was still rubbing Shuichi's back. "Why is she even popular in the first place...?" Ryoma whispered, making Rose perk up.

"You're right! Why do things like this seem to happen all the time?!" Rose shouted before Shuichi looked over at her. "What do you mean by 'why do things like this seem to happen all the time'?" She put her hand to her chin for a moment.

"Well, I mean more about how a person gets power by manipulating and making others fear them in a way. Kaede is just another person who would fit this description." Rose sounded more calm and this made Ryoma smile. He was glad she was calmer even if it was just because they were talking about the situation...even if the situation was not solved yet.

"I agree, Kaede is bad news." Rantaro said remembering all the times he vouched for her and went out of his way to talk to her when she only just wanted to have someone to listen to her nonsense who wouldn't walk away. He also remembered the incident with her kissing Shuichi after he finally told her about his and Kokichi's relationship.

"She needs to stop hurting others, we need to stick together and try to get those girls away from Kaede...and then maybe--" Shuichi was cut off by Kokichi moments later.

"She will see what she is doing and see how toxic she truly is."