Connecting With Friends

Going out of the apartment room after everything that has taken place was relieving. I don't know how else to put it. I felt a little terrified of the thought of going out with other people I don't know very well. It was scary to me, but knowing that I would at least know one person...that made me feel better.

"Shumai! Come on~ You are being so super slow~" Kokichi whined, making me blush a bit. I noticed I was walking fairly slowly. "Ah...sorry I didn't know I was walking so slowly." I blushed more hearing my voice come out so quiet and shy. I didn't know why, but it must be because I am feeling quite nervous. It was an odd feeling. Because I wasn't just nervous, I felt more excited--but terrified. This whole hangout idea is making me feel so odd.

"It's alright ShuShu~ I know you are feeling nervous~" He teased poking my cheek before he moved his arms around my arm to hold it close to him as we walked. It was adorable to me and I honestly couldn't stop staring at him because of it. "Oh Shu~ You are already getting shy~" He cooed, kissing my cheek after jumping up for a moment to reach it. I smiled and let out a stifled laugh because of how he had to jump up to reach my cheek.

"Y-yeah...you are just being cute and it makes me feel shy," I whispered feeling my shoulders relax a bit at him smiling softly at this. He seemed calm and it was nice to see him calmer around me even if he was laughing and giggling because of how excited he was to hang out with his friends. I was honestly feeling the same way because of how he was acting.

He made me feel so comfortable with myself that I'm sure any of the friends he has will be able to make me feel like a part of the group. If not then I know at least Kokichi will be having a good time with his friends even if I am feeling a little out of place and awkward. I'm not too worried about that happening because if Kokichi is happy it's hard for me to not be happy--or want to be happy with him.

"Kokichi!" I heard a voice call out Kokichi's name and we both looked over in the direction of where the voice came from and we saw Nagito standing there at the entryway of the apartment building where all the people in our year were staying. Girls were on one side and the boys were on the other side. I am so glad that I am not dorming with Kaito or Kaede at this moment...because I'm sure they would make me feel so guilty about not being with Kaede and I honestly don't need that in a friendship.

Friends are supposed to support and care for you no matter what happens. But Kaede and Kaito were the farthest thing from supportive. That's why I was so afraid to tell either of them I was bisexual...Kaito reacted a little better than Kaede did and it surprised me. Kaede was talking about how she loved me and how girls have way better taste than guys...I could tell she had feelings for Miu because of the way she looked at her and I believe that another reason she was so set on dating me is to prove to others that she is straight...even if deep down she knows she isn't.

Kaito was more supportive of this relationship by saying that because I was his sidekick he wanted to stay by my side regardless...but I could still tell that he was more biased and wanted me to date a girl even though I clearly had feelings for Kokichi. He can just be so irritating sometimes.

"Hey, Shuichi!" Nagito put a hand on my shoulder pulling me back into the present. "Ah?!" I gasped before I calmed down from the sudden fright I felt from the action. Nagito backed off fairly quickly before apologizing, "Sorry, I shouldn't have touched you I-" I cut him off before he could go farther.

"No worries, Nagito...I was just spacing out," I smiled softly as he calmed down a bit. "Ah sorry I was just worried I offended you with my horrible self," He whispered the last part but Kokichi heard it and smacked the back of his head.

"You aren't terrible!" He said before Nagito moved to rub where he had hit him. "When will you understand you are my best friend you big weirdo!" He yelled, making Nagito laugh a bit more.

"Right sorry--I forget about that sometimes I guess haha" He gasped a bit before laughing along with him. This small encounter and being able to see them interact like brothers just made me feel happy. Happy that these are the people I get to be around now. People who are considerate of what I think and what I am comfortable with.

"Anyways~ I see them all over there! Come on guys!" Kokichi said pointing over to the park where there were all the others waiting for us. I was actually surprised to see this many people all here to hang out with us, well with all of the group of course...I guess I'm just not used to hanging out with people other than Kaito and Kaede all the time.

"Kokichi! Shuichi! Nice to see you guys!" Chiaki said with a bright smile making me feel my nervousness come back onto my shoulders. Oh god...now I know why I never hang out with people. "Hello Chiaki! Nice to see you here! As well as you Hajimeme!" Kokichi said flicking the clump of hair on Hajime's head that stuck up in an odd fashion. This made his face go red and I felt myself laugh a bit before Kirumi came over to me.

"Hello Shuichi nice to see you here," She said with a bow before I smiled at her. "Nice to see you here as well! So are we going to be having the picnic here or--" She cut me off before she revealed the blankets and pillows under the shade of this large tree. It honestly looked comfy while it looked very well put together and honestly almost like a painting. It looked unreal.

"Wow, I'm speechless," I said looking over at it unable to look anywhere else. Kirumi laughed a bit. "Of course it's my duty as a maid to serve," She smiled before I added, "You really outdid yourself, I can't thank you enough," I said bowing a bit before she moved to hold my shoulders to stand me up.

"No need to thank me, I am only doing my job," Her smile was nice and I felt at peace hearing Kokichi's laughter over the voices of the others. Maybe I can finally find a place where I can be myself-

"Oh, it's you..." It was a familiar tone and it sounded so rude and sharky...I felt myself shiver as I turned to see it was Kaede with two other females that I recognized as her friends from the party.

Shit...this isn't going to end well.

-Hello hello! Here is another part of this story! Hope you enjoy this! Thank you all so much for reading!-

-SK-