The Date

Kaito: Hey Sidekick! What time are you planning on for the group date?

Shuichi: I'm thinking about in maybe an hour or so, Kokichi has a headache

Kaito: I see. Well! I wish him good luck! What are we going to do on the date?

Shuichi: It's a surprise!

Kaito: Alright! I'm excited then Sidekick!!

I closed my phone and looked down at Kokichi who was already falling asleep again. The water was on the side table while Kokichi was resting on my lap. Before I texted Kaito I moved Kokichi over to the couch so he wouldn't have to stand so much, but he let his head fall on my shoulder and before long he had fallen asleep on my lap.

I found it cute how he could fall asleep anywhere. I wish I could but I hate falling asleep around other people because for one, I talk in my sleep and two, I am at my most vulnerable state when I'm sleeping and I don't want just anyone seeing me in such a state. He moved closer to my stomach as his arms wrapped around my waist. I sighed and pulled out my phone to read a book before we had to go.

Rantaro parents own a Roller rink and I have seen Kokichi there sometimes riding on his roller skates which are checkered with dark purple wheels and laces. I have never been roller skating before...I mean Kaede and I have gone to the rink before but that was only because I hadn't been rollerblading in forever and I wanted to see if I was still somewhat decent at it. It was a lot easier than I remember even though I lost my balance a lot...it was embarrassing when I fell.

I'm sure Kokichi is still really good at skating even if he hasn't gone in forever, because he is just amazing at everything! I have no idea how he does it...but I am always in shock when I find more of his hidden talents. I hope Kaito and Maki like skating...because I want this date to go well so Kaito is more on board with the fact that me and Kokichi are dating now.

"Shuichi? What time is it?" Kokichi asked with another groan. I laughed a bit and rustled his hair with my hand making him smile a bit before he playfully frowned.

"Don't think I didn't see you smile back there~" I teased making him blush a bit before I answered his question.

"And it's around 17:40, so we have to go meet up with Kaito and Maki for the date in about 20 minutes." I said helping him get to his feet before I got him some more pain medication. He took them before looking back over to me.

"What are we going to be doing for this date Shuichi~" He teased already knowing the answer. I blushed a bit and moved my hand to rub the back of my neck.

"I was thinking about taking them to the Amami roller rink, because I know you like to go," I said trying to read his expression. He smiled and I was having a hard time determining if it was to tease me or not.

"That sounds amazing Shumai~" He teased again slowly wrapping his arms around my upper back. I moved my hands around his waist gently caressing his hips. I smiled a bit when he looked up at me with a genuine smile. I'm sure this is going to be a good date even if Kaito and Maki are coming with us. That reminds me-

"Shuichi, why have you never taken me on a date to the roller rink?" He asked with a playful pout. I immediately blushed. He is right! I have never asked him to go to the roller rink! Why didn't I think of that before? After silently scolding myself for a moment Kokichi took my hands in his own.

"It's alright my love~ I know you have been so stressed it probably didn't even cross your mind!" He exclaimed, pulling me in for a quick kiss. This isn't making me feel any better about this...

"I'm still sorry! Because you love going there and-" He cut me off by putting his finger to my lips.

"I told you it's ok! And you are taking me now aren't ya?" He asked, making me smile.

"I guess you are right..." I smiled again before we both went to get ready for the date.

I got into my outfit which was a white shirt that said 'Fuck normal people' I think its funny that Kaede bought me this shirt. I was wearing one of my pairs of jeans that have been ripped from my friends dragging me to do things with them...and just me being clumsy in general.

Kokichi on the other hand was wearing his staking outfit which was a lavender purple shirt with a white jacket and black pants where the cuffs are checkered when they are rolled up. He put his hair back into a ponytail as I have seen him do before when he is going to do something that could get his hair messy when it is in his face. I find it adorable!

"Ready to go and pick them up?" Kokichi asked, opening the door with his skates in hand. He has his own skates that Rantaro got for him a while back. I usually just rent them because I don't go as often.

"Yeah, let's go," I said, grabbing my keys before we left out to the car. The ride wasn't long to get to Kaito's dorm building, but it was still a drive of sorts. I was driving because Kokichi even though he likes to drive he hates having to go on slow roads.

I knocked on his door and soon him and Maki walked out to join us. "Hey Sidekick! Where are we going?" He asked, patting my back.

"We are going skating," I said as they got into the backseat of the car. Kaito smiled and looked over at Maki who smiled a bit while they were talking. Kokichi and I talked as I drove to the roller rink. It was nice to have a conversation with him while I'm driving. It keeps the mood of the car calm even though he is cracking jokes every now and then. It's hard to describe it., but it's absolutely magical.

-Here is another part! If you all couldn't tell I love skating! I have always loved roller skating ever since I was a little kid and I recently started to go skating again and its amazing!! Thank you all so much for reading!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-