You're With Him

"So you and Kokichi are..." Kaito let himself trail off. He wasn't even making eye contact with me...I knew this was going to happen. Kaito and Kokichi have never liked each other. They always argue and there have been times where Kaito has punched him. I mean he has punched me once...it really doesn't take much to get him to hit someone...it's kind of sad. 

"But I thought you weren't-" Kokichi cut him off. "We both are gay Kaito! Me more than Shuichi of course! Get over it!" They glared at each other for a long moment.

I want to be able to keep him safe! I want to be proud of our relationship. Proud that he chose to be with me! I have no clue why he likes me back...I'm a clingy and pathetic detective...I really don't have anything to be proud of...the case I ended up solving was completely by chance.

"Yeah, me and Kokichi are dating," I said holding his hand. He rubbed his thumb over my shaking hands. I smiled looking down at our hands. I'm glad that we are together...I wish Kaito could just accept this...I wanted my friends to just be accepting of this. 

"You are my friend and I accept that you want to date Kokichi," Maki said giving me a small smile. I smiled back at her as I felt Kokichi's hand freeze in mine. He must be as surprised as I am that Maki is so accepting of this. It really surprised me that she was. I would have expected Kaito to be the one...actually nevermind...he is kind of homophobic.

When I told him I was bisexual...he questioned me and told me I had to be lying. Rantaro luckily came to help me by telling him that he was asexual. Kaito was confused and got into an argument with Rantaro. After a while, Kaito just gave up and told both of us that he didn't need to understand...but that he wanted to just be friends with us even if he didn't understand or agree. After this event, I learned to not bring things like that up...around Kaito.

"I just need time to think about this..." Kaito said standing up from the table before walking out abruptly. "Don't worry about it. I'll talk to him." Maki said soon leaving behind Kaito. Kokichi looked at the door confused. "It's going to be ok," I said rubbing his shoulders. He jumped and looked over at me. He must have zoned out...

"Yeah, sorry! I zoned out~!" He said with his smirk that made me worry about him. Maybe he feels guilty? I have no idea...I should ask him later. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable...I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug. He didn't say anything he just wrapped his arms around me. The cafe we were at had already cleared out because this time of day wasn't usually busy. I liked this because then people won't be listening to our conversations than pretending to give a shit...I hate people that do that...

My friends from when I was younger did that all the time. I tried to tell them about why I was feeling off and they didn't even listen...but when I got into an accident or achieved something then they gave a shit. It's stupid how people only care when something good happens to you or something terrible.

I felt myself frown at the thought. I hope Kokichi is being genuine about his feeling towards me...I would hate if he was just staying with me out of pity. I rubbed his back up and down as I tried my best to suppress the tears coming to my eyes. 

"Well, we do have school tomorrow. Even though I love this touching moment~ We should get some rest~" I looked at my watch while Kokichi winked at me. Damn it's already 22:00? "Yeah, you're right..." I whispered while he took my hand and dragged me to our apartment. 

"So why do you think Kaito was being so weird about this?" Kokichi asked not making eye contact with me. I felt nervous because he wasn't looking at me. He seems mad about this. I mean makes sense seeing that Kokichi hates Kaito for being a dumbass...I don't want him to be like this the whole time Kaito knows about us...maybe it was better to not tell him...I mean Kaito is a trusted friend of mine...but he can be really stubborn even if he is wrong...

"Welp here we are Shumai~," Kokichi said pulling me into the room with a smile on his face. He let go of my hand and went to get changed. I went to get changed as well before I went to lay on Kokichi's bed again. Kokichi made his way over to the bed and reached his arms out for me. I smiled at him before pulling him into my arms. 

He didn't say anything he just laid down with me and held me close to him as he nuzzled into my chest. I combed my hand through his hair and smiled when he leaned into my hand. His breathing was calm. Let my breath slow as I just focused on the heat from his body. The faint light from the moon made the room seem like a scene out of a movie. It was comforting to be with the one I love in this calming atmosphere.

It was dark, but it wasn't scary in any way. It was more comforting knowing that the lights that blind us throughout the day won't bother us now. We just get to rest together with no worries of anyone else...no worries of anything else other than the person beside me. His small frame against mine made me feel strong. Like I could protect him...that I could not be the weak person most people see me as. I feel safe with Kokichi. I feel like I belong finally. I have someone who really cares about me.

"I love you my Kichi," I whispered before letting my eyes slide closed. I really love him...I love my Kichi...

-Sorry for the shitty writing...I'm having a really bad day today...my 'friend' left on a trip today and I have just been plagued with bad thoughts all day today and felt overall unmotivated to do anything...again I'm sorry...anyway. Thank you all so much for reading!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-