Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 32. The question

32

This is so awkward.

For me, eating has always been something intimate and personal. So, doing it in front of all these guys I barely know and in front of the guy I love doesn't exactly feel comfortable. I feel pressured and I calculate every move I make no matter how simple it is.

Am I chewing with my mouth closed? I have nothing on my face, right?

I try to relax, but how can I do it? Ares is sitting next to me, so close that his arm brushes mine and Marco is on the other side. Luis and Gregory are in front of us, and the girl is next to them.

And of course, I came up with the wonderful idea of ​​ordering a medium steak. I haven't been able to cut a piece because every time I stab it, its juice jump from my plate, the last thing I want is to splash Ares or Marco.

I swallow and lick my lips, why did I have to order this? Why?

Relax, Raquel. Just do it delicately.

I stare at the steak with a desire to devour it and the helplessness of not being able to do so makes my lips twist.

Strong hands appear in my field of vision and I follow them to find Marco leaning over me, his face is too close so I focus again on his hands, which move swiftly with my fork and knife cutting the steak in seconds into pieces.

"Eat," he orders when he finishes cutting it and leans back in his chair, his eyes on me.

"Thank you."

I look down and proceed to eat, I'm the only one who hasn't finished.

The place is full, Ares was right, many people come without a care of what they are wearing. I have seen three bare feet girls with their shoes hanging in their hands and some shirtless guys. This place is ideal for people who partied all night. And I didn't even know it existed.

After we are done, I'm curious about a small balcony that the restaurant has. Lots of people are out there enjoying the view. To be honest, I feel the need to run away. Ares is still talking to the brunette about school, Luis is on the phone and Gregory is talking to Marco.

And I'm alone.

I decide to go explore the balcony, I get up and all eyes get on me, including Ares', "I want to observe the view," I say, pointing to the balcony and he just nods.

In my freedom, I enjoy the beautiful view of our little town from here. I rest my hands on the railing, and I take a deep breath. The morning breeze brushes my skin. There are several people out here, but I am in my own world.

Things have changed in such a short time, a month has passed since that night I argued with Ares about my Wi-fi password. One month was enough for my obsession with him to transform into love, to lose my virginity, to cry for him and forget my dignity so many times, to end up here having breakfast with him and his friends.

A part of me is happy because Ares has shown a little more interest, but that doesn't mean I'm not scared. My feelings for him make me vulnerable. And Ares can be cold, people don't change overnight so it's like I'm expecting to get hurt sooner or later which is depressing.

Marco appears next to me. He doesn't say anything, he just stands there, looking straight ahead, looking lost in the strange beauty of our town.

"My clothes look good on you." His soft voice surprises me.

I have forgotten that I have his clothes on. I don't know what to say so I open and close my mouth like a fool. I feel his eyes on me, but I don't dare to look at him. Marco intimates me, it's like he has an aura of coldness around him, even colder than Ares.