Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 13. The Conversation

Happy New Year! Enjoy the first chapter of 2018!

- 13 -

Ares is a perfect. I've confirmed it, especially after having seen him naked.

I saw Ares naked. I touched him. Am I dreaming? Maybe I got drunk and it's one of those crazy drunken dreams.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I thank Ares mentally for getting dressed. He finishes tying his shoes. Wait, is he leaving? My heart twists a little when he doesn't even turn to look at me. He seems busy texting on his phone, sitting in the chair in front of my computer desk.

Who does he text at this hour?

That's none of your business, Rachel.

And there I stand, feeling super uncomfortable, what should I do? Or say?

After a few seconds, Ares raises his eyes from his phone and looks at me. I swallow, playing with my hands in front of me.

Really, Rachel? After all you've done with him, you're going to get shy?

My conscience is an idiot.

Ares gets up, putting his phone in the back pocket of his pants, "I'm leaving," my heart sinks into my chest, "When Apollo wakes up, tell him to jump the fence and go through the back door, I'll leave it open for him."

"I thought it was not okay to sleep with a man by myself." I joke, but Ares doesn't smile.

"It's not, but it's your room, your life, it has nothing to do with me."

Okay, this guy is definitely bipolar.

He gets annoyed, then he's sweet, then sexual and now, cold?

He's quadripolar.

I just invented it but that word describes him perfectly.

"Is there something wrong?"

Ares walks to the window, "No."

Oh no, you're not leaving.

You don't leave me with that attitude without explaining what's wrong. You don't walk away and leave me with this feeling of being used.

I catch up and stand in front of him, blocking the window, "And now what's wrong, Ares?"

"Nothing's wrong."

"Something's wrong, your sudden mood swings are giving me a headache."

Ares rolls his eyes, "And your drama is bothering me, that's why I'm leaving."

"Drama?"

He points between the two of us, "This drama."

"I didn't say anything until I saw you leaving."

He gives me a stern look, "Why can't I leave?"

"You said you'd sleep here."

Ares sighs, "I changed my mind, fun fact: That can happen."

"Fun fact: You're an idiot."

"For this same reason I'm leaving," that confuses me, "I don't understand why women assume that we owe them something just because we have had a little sexual fun. I don't owe you anything. I don't have to stay. I don't have to do anything for you."

Ares continues, "Listen, Rachel, I like being honest with the girls I'm involved with." Whatever he's going to say I know I'm not going to like it, "You and I are having fun but I'm not looking for a relationship. I'm not looking for cuddling and shit, that's not me. I need you to have that clear because I don't want to hurt you. If you want to have fun with me without any obligations, good. And if it's not what you want. If you want a boyfriend, the romance, the prince charming, then tell me to leave you alone and I will."

Thick tears come down my cheeks, I moist my lips to speak, "I understand."

Ares's expression shrinks in sadness and before he says anything, I wipe away my tears and open my mouth again, "Then leave me alone."

The surprise on Ares's face is priceless and very obvious. I know that wasn't the answer he expected. He's used to girls who accept the deal, getting sexually involved with him, giving him everything without asking anything in return with the hope that he will change for them, when any change that occurs is his decision and his decision only. No amount of good sex is enough to change someone if that person is not willing to change.

My mother taught me that I should never try to change someone, that it is a battle I can't win if that person doesn't want to change and Ares obviously doesn't want to.

Do I like him? I'm crazy about him. I dare saying falling in love with him could be very easy. But I can't agree to his terms because the pain of a broken heart passes but knowing that you let someone make you forget what you're worth and trample all over you stays with you forever.

So look at Ares straight in the eyes, I don't care about the tears on my cheeks, "Leave me alone and don't worry, I won't stalk you anymore so rest easy."

Ares snaps out of his surprise, "You don't stop surprising me. You're so... unpredictable."

"And you're an idiot. You think using girls and then abandoning them will give you happiness? Do you think that silly 'I just want to have fun and nothing serious' is going to take you somewhere? You know, Ares, I thought you were a different person. I understand why they say never judge a book by its cover. You have a beautiful cover but your content is empty, you're not a book that interests me to read so leave my room and don't come back."

"Wow, you really want the prince and romance, do not you?"

"Yes and that's not a bad thing, at least I know what I want."

Ares tightens his jaw, "Well, whatever." I step aside and watch get to the window.

"And Ares?"

He glances at me over his shoulder, his hands on the window frame, "I hope you already have internet at your house because I'll change Wi-fi password. There is no point in it being AresAndMeForever anymore."

Ares' expression morphs into a pained one but he just nods and leaves.

I let out a long sigh as I watch the boy of my dreams disappear across my window.