Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 6. The Best Friend

- 6 -

The walk back is not as uncomfortable as I expected, yet my hands still shake a little. A part of me can't believe that I'm walking next to Ares. I try to keep one step behind him so that I don't have to face that pretty face that has always disarms me. However, my curious eyes travel to his defined arms and formed legs. Playing soccer has done well for him. He has an athletic body that makes him look strong. I wonder if he could lift me up easily while I'm kissing him passionately like in many movie scenes.

"Yes, I could."

Shit! I need to stop thinking out loud.

Control your thoughts, Rachel!

Ares looks at me over his shoulder with a mischievous smile that leaves me breathless.

Why does he have to be so fucking attractive? Why?

Blushing, I focus on the street next to us. Ares goes the rest of the way, using his phone.

When I get to the door of my house, the atmosphere gets a bit uncomfortable. Ares stops beside me, and runs his hand through his hair, "You arrive to your cave, witch."

I roll my eyes, "Stop calling me that."

"Brush your hair better and I will."

Low blow.

Immediately, I run my fingers through my tangled hair, trying to comb it. "It's the weather."

Ares smiles, "Whatever you say."

"Very funny."

Ares checks his phone and looks at the time, "Go in before your mom comes out and drags you inside."

I huff, "My mom would never do that, she trusts me." I say arrogantly.

And as if listening to me, my mother's voice is heard from inside the house, "Rachel? Is that you?"

"Shit!" I panic, "Um ... it was fun, good night, bye." I turn my back to walk to the door.

I hear him talking behind me. "Didn't you just say your mother trusts you?"

"Rachel?"

I turn to him again, "Shhhhhhhhhhhh!" I gesture him with both hands to go, "Go! Shoooo!"

Ares laughs showing those perfect teeth he has, he has a beautiful smile. I could stay watching him all night but my mother is about to come out and make a fuss.

Ares makes me the 'Okay' symbol with his fingers, "Okay, I'm off, little stalker."

I squint my eyes, "Another nickname now?"

He gives me a closed-lipped smile. "I'm very creative, I know."

"Me too, Greek God." as soon as my supposed nickname leaves my lips I regret it. Greek God? Are you serious, Rachel?

Ares smirks, "I like that nickname."

Of course you like it, arrogant!

"Rachel!"

I turn my back on him and this time he doesn't say anything, I just hear his steps fading away as I open the door.

I go in and I put my back against the door, a stupid smile invades my face. I had a good time with Ares, the boy of my dreams, I still can't believe it.

"Raquel Margarita Mendoza Álvarez!"

You know you're in trouble when your mom uses your full name.