Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 11. The Argument

- 11 - 

Do not panic, Rachel!

Do not panic!

"Oh!" I growl in panic, pacing back and forth in my room.

Rocky follows me faithfully, noticing my panic. I take a look at Apollo who is beyond the land of dreams. He's not going to help me. I don't even think I can wake him up.

I nibble on my nails nervously. Ares is very angry and coming for me.

I hate you, technology!

You've caused me a lot of trouble lately.

"Okay, calm down, Rachel, breathe, one thing at a time," I say, rubbing my temple, "If he comes, you just don't open the door and that's it."

I sit on the edge of the bed, taking a deep breath. Apollo's hand has been hanging out of bed. Rocky sniffs and growls, showing his teeth. He's a stranger to him.

"Rocky, no." I guide him out of the room and close the door, leaving him outside. The last thing I need is Rocky biting Apollo while he sleeps, that would only make things worse.

I don't know how much time passes, but I yawn. I check my phone and Apollo's but there is no notification, not even a call Is Ares already calm? Maybe that app didn't give him the exact location or he just decided to give space to his younger brother.

The clock on my nightstand glows with the time: 2:43 am. The beginning of a headache throbs in my forehead. Ah, I almost forgot all the alcohol I've consumed.

I go into my bathroom and my reflection in the mirror gives me three slaps. Wow, I look horrible. My eyes are red, my brown hair is messy with a frizz of slow death.

The eyeliner has smudged under my eyes. I look like the joker of the Batman movie. I could easily go out to scare people. At what time did I go from looking super good to fatal?

It's called alcohol, my dear.

I tie my hair in a messy bun and I wash my face to remove the makeup.

Barefeet, I leave the bathroom and head for my bed. I sit on the opposite side of Apollo, the drowsiness winning the battle. I'm exhausted, my first night of partying has been too chaotic for my poor self.

Let's see recap everything I did tonight: drink, dance, seduce Ares, lift the spirits of Apollo, dance with a stranger, deal with Apollo, carry him and panic because Ares.

It's a miracle that I haven't passed out already.

I sigh, my eyes closing slowly, the breeze coming through the window feels nice.

My eyes open wildly when I remember the time Ares climbed to enter my room through the window.

"Shit!"

I run to the window but halfway, I stop abruptly.

The silhouette of someone is clearly visible through the curtains.

Ares jumps into my room, pulling the curtains out of his way.

¡Oh mierda!

As Dani would say in her attempts to practice her Spanish.

Ares Hidalgo is in my room, his height as always makes my room feel small. He still wears that gray shirt with the rolled up sleeves that fit him so well. His eyes look at me with such coldness that I swear it gives me shivers.

He's upset, very, very upset.

His features look tense, his lips tight and his hands in fists. All his body language indicates that I need to handle this carefully, If I don't want to end up as Greek God's food.