Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 43. The Feeling.

- 43 - 

Rain...

The rain always puts me in such a melancholic mood. My room is semi-dark, only my small lamp lights it up, giving everything a yellow hue. I'm lying on my bed, my eyes on the window watching the raindrops fall, Rocky is next to me on the floor with his muzzle on his front paws.

Since I arrived from Ares' house, I haven't moved from my bed. It's been a few hours now, night fell, darkening everything. A part of me feels guilty and I don't know why. We did the right thing by leaving, they left us alone. Besides, we didn't want a fight to take place between Carlos and Ares.

I am thinking too much.

The rain gets heavier, so I get up to close my window, the last thing I want is to get my whole room wet. Every time I go near those curtains, I remember the first times I interacted with Ares.

When I finally reach the window, my heart stops.

Ares is sitting in that chair where I first saw him, he is leaning forward, his hands holding the back of his head, his eyes are fixed on the floor.

I blink in case I'm imagining him; however, Ares is still just sitting there, rain pouring down on him. He's soaking wet, his white shirt is clinging to his body like a second skin. What the fuck is he doing? It's fall, for God's sake, he might catch a cold.

I clear my throat.

"What are you doing?"

I have to repeat it and raise my voice because the sound of the rain drowns it out, Ares lifts his head to look at me. The sadness in his eyes takes my breath away for a second, a sweet smile forms on his lips.

"Witch."

I swallow. Every time he calls me that it wreaks havoc on my being.

"What are you doing there? You're going to get sick."

"Are you worrying about me?"

Why do you seem so surprised that I am?

"Of course," I don't even think to answer. Somehow, I'm offended that he thinks I don't care at all.

He doesn't say anything, just looks away. Is he going to stay there?

"Do you want to come in?" regardless of our current situation, I can't just leave him there, looking so sad. I know something is wrong with him.

"I don't want to bother you."

"You're not bothering me, just behave while you're here and we'll be fine."

"Behave? What do you mean?"

"No seducing me and stuff."

"Okay," he raises his hand. "Word of Greek god."

He comes upstairs and as soon as he puts his feet in my room, I realize that maybe it wasn't a good idea to tell him to come: One, because he looks fucking hot all wet and, two, because he's soaking all over my carpet.

"You have to take off those clothes."

He gives me a surprised look.

"I thought no seduction."

I turn my gaze.

"You're soaking wet, don't get any ideas, take them off in the bathroom. I'll see what I can find that fits you."

Obviously, I can't find anything that fits Ares, just a bathrobe that my mother was given some time ago and never wore. I stand in front of the bathroom door.