Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 9. The Candles' Room

Happy Thanksgiving! Shoutout to @deathwish05 @leukles and @KatleenLuts for commenting and voting in the previous chapter. You guys rock for waiting patiently for the updates!

- 9 -

With so much alcohol in my veins, it's very difficult to focus on being sensual.

I have to try anyway. I need to get my revenge on Ares. He has played with me twice already, he can't go through life inciting innocent souls like me and leave them burning with the desire.

Innocent soul...

I'm really drunk. My stalker soul isn't innocent, not with the things I do in the dark of my room when no one sees me. I blush, remembering the times I've been thinking about Ares when I do that. I can't believe how perverted I am. In my defense, Ares is the first male figure I had access to when I hit puberty. It's his fault for being in my field of vision when my hormones started dancing all over the air.

That stupid Greek God is still there, watching me without missing a single detail of every movement I make. I lick my lips and move to the rhythm of the music, lifting my hair with my hands and letting it fall slowly. I try to forget him, to ignore how nervous I am that he's gazing at me. It's not every day that a guy as handsome as Ares has his attention on me.

I turn my back to give him a good view of my body, I don't have a spectacular body but I have a good figure and a decent behind. The sweat begins to roll down the neckline of my dress, my forehead and at the sides of my face. I'm thirsty, in all the senses if you catch my drift.

I have no idea how much time has passed but when I turn around again to look at Ares, he's gone.

My heart pounds even more as I search for him everywhere for him. Where did he go?

Is he coming for me?

What am I supposed to do in that case?

I haven't developed my seduction plan that far.

Stupid Rachel, always getting into games that you can't play.

Decided, I walk again towards the staircase where the mummy guard is. He gives me a tired look, "VIP zone."

"I know," I reply reluctantly, "but a friend is up there and told me to go upstairs."

He lifts a bushy eyebrow, "You expect me to believe that?"

"It's the truth, he's going to be angry if he knows you've got me here waiting." I fold my arm across my chest.

"If your friend wants you up there, he should come and get you, don't yo think?"

"Why can't you just let me go up there for a second?"

"Because it's clear that you don't belong up there, brat."

"Excuse me?"

"Do you think coming to a rich club automatically gives you class?"

The rage leaves me speechless for a second, "You're an idiot."

"The truth hurts, now go back to where you belong, brat."

Alcohol mixed with rage gives me the strength to raise my hand and try to slap him but being someone trained to deal with violence, he stops my hand in the air.

"Let me go. Fine, I'll go." I fight to break free, and he just tightens his grip on my wrist. I wince, "I said I'll go, stop." He just squeezes it harder. "Ow! You're hurting me."

"I believe she ask you to let her go." a sweet voice fills my ears from behind, I turn to look over my shoulder to see Apollo Hidalgo all serious and well-dressed.