Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 41. The Test

- 41 -

RAQUEL

Friends...

What was I thinking when I said that?

I am dying to text him. He hasn't contacted me much, just texted me saying he's dealing with something, that he'll talk to me soon. It's been several days now.

How the fuck does he plan to win my affection this way? Did something happen with Samy? What if he decided to give up and doesn't want to fight for me anymore? My mind has wandered through a variety of options that border on insanity. That's it, I'm going crazy. Could that be his plan? To ignore me so I'll give in and take him back like it's nothing? Ha! In your dreams, Greek god.

I grunt, closing the book in my hands and putting my face on the table. Dani sighs next to me.

"It seems that the punishment you imposed on him is affecting you more," Dani turns the page of the book she is reading. "He's never been easy to understand, so I don't know why you're so surprised."

I mess up my hair in frustration.

"I'm supposed to be in control now, but this silence is killing me."

"Maybe that's his plan, don't you think? That you'll miss him so much that when you see him, you'll jump all over him, forgetting about starting out as friends."

"You think so?"

"Shhhhhhh!" the librarian hushes us.

We both gave her a smile. We came here to see if we could finally finish reading the book the literature teacher assigned us. I like to read, but that teacher only assigns us outdated and boring books. I'd like to say I appreciate a good classic, although that would be lying.

"The exam is tomorrow, we'll never finish reading it," I murmur carefully so as not to attract the librarian's attention.

Dani pats me on the back.

"Have some faith, we are already on page 26."

I cover my face.

"26 of 689 pages, we are lost."

I can't remember the last time I read a book from the assignments. How have I survived this subject without reading? And then I remember: Joshua, he really liked to read everything. He would always help us with these assignments and in return we would help him with any other subjects he had difficulty with.

A wave of sadness sweeps over me as I remember him, we used to come the three of us to read together and do our homework here. Why did he have to betray me like that, why, how could he throw away a lifelong friendship like that? His sweet smile invades my mind, the way he adjusted his glasses as he wrinkled his nose.

I like you very much, Raquel, I really like you.

I can clearly remember the vulnerability on his face when he said that. Would that be the problem? Did he get carried away by his feelings? That doesn't justify it, but at least it explains it; I have done so many stupid things too because of my feelings for Ares. I can't deny how much I miss Joshua, he's always been a part of my life and I care about him so much despite everything.

Ah, men in my life are anything but normal.

I am so deep in my thoughts that I don't notice the person standing in front of our table until his hand places 4 sheets of paper and two coffees in front of us. I look up to find the person who was in my thoughts a few seconds ago.

Joshua gives us a smile.

"This is the summary of the book, it has key points that only a person who read it would know, I think you will be fine if you read and study this."