Chapter 2 | Exit

"Conny!"

The wind blew through Emma's hair as she walked around the field outside of the Grace Field house.

"Conny?"

Emma came to a large curtain.

"Conny?"

She peeked inside and saw a large table. It was set with utensils, plates, appetizers, and wine. A large platter held the lifeless body of a certain blond six-year-old.

The truth of reality. This is a farm,

"Conny...?"

And we are...

Emma jolted up, panting, trying to catch her breath. She held her head as thoughts swirled through her head.

We are livestock, to be eaten by demons. We'll be killed.

"No, we're gonna run. We won't let anyone get killed!" Emma thought.

***

"GOOD MOOORNING!!" Phil's voice rang throughout the house.

"Hey, Phil! Stop running!" Gilda called after the boy.

"Does this go here?"

"Yes, please. Mark, please place the dishes."

"Okay, Mama!"

The woman smiled down at the children as they helped her set up for breakfast.

A usual morning. As if it was all but a dream...

"Good morning, Emma!" Norman waves as he, (Y/N) and Maiko walk into the dining room.

Norman and (Y/N) had smiles on their faces while Maiko yawned into her hand.

...But it wasn't.

"Good morning Norman, (Y/N), Maiko"

-Flashback-

"Listen. We have to act as if we saw nothing. Tonight we broke the rules and went to the gate. But we'll pretend as if we didn't see anything." Norman said.

"But...Little Bunny..."

"Yeah... Mama will be suspicious when she finds him. But that alone won't reveal who did it. The things we did, the things we found out, the things we plan to do... We have to keep all of it a secret at all costs."

"Yeah... You're right Norman."

-Flashback End-

"Thanks for the food!" The kids said in unison.

"Don't let your emotions show, Mama will notice. For now... We won't tell anyone yet. Just the three of us will find... A way to get out of here...!!" Emma thought.

All of the kids played outside, kicking balls around and laughing while Norman, Maiko, (Y/N) and Emma walked along the field.