Chapter 11 | Spy - Part 1

Mama has a "spy"...among the children?!

"Who...and how many?! Anna... Nat? Thoma... Lani... Mark... Don..."

"What was his average score again?" Ray asked

"Who?" Emma asked.

"Phil?" Maiko questioned.

"Umm... I believe his most recent average was around 203 or so." (Y/N) replied.

"Damn, that's high... In the last game of tag with Sister Krone he was among the last five remaining kids. He's always looking for the two of you with Sherry..." Ray trailed off.

"Where's Norman?"

"Where's Emma?"

"Not to mention, Yvette is always hanging around Maiko..."

"Maiko! Come play with me!"

"And Alicia is always trying to find (Y/N)..."

"(Y/N)!!"

Emma grabbed her head and kneeled down.

"AGGGGHHHHHHHH! STOP! YOU'RE SCARING THE WITS OUT OF ME!" She exclaimed.

"You idiot... Learn to doubt people! Even if you don't like it!" Ray glared.

***

"Thanks for the food!" The kids cheered and began eating their food.

"I'm still not convinced." Ray muttered.

-Flashback-

"On November 8th, 10 days from today... We will be executing our escape plan." Norman said.

Emma ran towards Norman and grabbed his shoulders. "WOAH, WHOA, WHOA!! Isn't that too much of a rush?! Not that I mind..."

"I MIND! Mama's goal is to restrict us. That's why "she won't take action until we do". Doesn't that mean we have time then?!" Ray shouted.

"Yeah, that's exactly why." Norman said.

"What do you mean?" Maiko asked.

"If we were able to figure out that much, Mama definitely sees things that way as well. Our goal is to become unpredictable to her! Either way, it's also better for us if we make our escape before winter comes. Anyways, 10 days is plenty of time! We had no idea what Mama's next move would be, so we've been preparing at a very quick pace. All we have to do now is to finish up those preparations within the next 10 days. Mama has no intention of hiding that she has a spy among us in the first place. She isn't necessarily making it obvious either, but if she truly wanted to hide the fact from us, she would make Sister at least act like she's monitoring us, the four eldest. She's trying to trick us into thinking that we have time. As soon as we get rid of these transmitters, we have to get out of here right away." Norman explained.

-Flashback End-

"I get it...but isn't that realistically impossible?" Ray asked. "10 days... I mean c'mon."