Chapter 12 | Spy - Part 2

"But why... Gilda...?!"

-Flashback-

"There's a spy among us. If one of them is really the "source", then they'll definitely rush to take action."

-Flashback End-

"Gilda is their "source"? Is this really happening...? Were all those tears and smiles just an act...? No way..." Emma thought as she peeked through her bedroom door.

Sister Krone smirked and opened her door.

"Now then, come right in! I'm so happy you came!"

The door shut right after the two walked into Sister Krone's room. Gilda just stood in the middle of the room while Sister Krone stood at the door. Emma tiptoed down the hall and put her ear to the closed door.

"...But why with Sister?" She wondered.

Emma then tried to look through the keyhole in the door to try to see what was happening inside the room.

"Can I... No, I can't see inside."

Inside the room, Sister Krone was clenching her fists as a million thoughts ran through her mind.

"I'm sure you've figured it out by now to not make any more mistakes from here on out!" I refuse to change my plans halfway! That woman is clearly lying! "Only the eldest girls in the house are allowed to care for the toddlers." There is no such rule in this plantation. Isabella made up that rule on her own for this place. The one she wants to raise into the next "Mama" is her livestock children... Not me, but those three damned girls! It's all starting to piss me off! Emma, (Y/N), Maiko, Isabella, Ray, Norman! I'm going to catch all those kids by their tails and ship them off in no time! I'll be returning this humiliation and loss with lots of interest! And that's why this girl will turn out to be useful..." She thought.

"Now then, Gilda, go ahead and tell me!"

"I can kind of hear them! But not every word..." Emma thought, pressing her ear harder into the wooden door.

"About "that"..." Gilda trailed off.

"That"? What is she trying to-"

"There's nothing troubling me at all!" Gilda said.

"Huh?"

"Thank you very much for worrying about me...and continuously checking up on me."

"A counseling session...on her troubles...? She's not the spy!" Emma thought, relieved.

"But I am fine now! So please, leave me alone! Thank you again. I will be leaving now." Gilda told her as she began to walk towards the door.

"Thank goodness! Gilda is an ally! Not a spy!"

Sister Krone smirked.

"I see. So Emma has told you everything, now hasn't she?"

Emma tensed up from behind the door.