Chapter 8 | I Have an Idea

"PLAY TIME!!" Emma cheered as she and (Y/N) ran out of the house hand in hand.

"Hold on, Emma." Mama called after her.

Emma stopped walking and let the woman catch up to her and (Y/N). She bent down to Emma's level and began fixing her collar.

"Your collar is a bit crooked.

"Ah! I didn't notice. Since when?!"

"Ha." Ray said as he walked passed the three, carrying his book.

(Y/N) patted Emma's shoulder as the orange haired girl fumed with anger while Mama laughed. She then pulled her hands away from the girl's collar and smiled down at her.

"Now you can go have fun, you two."

Emma hugged the woman before running off, shouting to the woman, "Later!" before she and (Y/N) dashed past Ray.

"Good work." He said.

"Thanks. See you later!" She replied and continued to run.

She passed by Gilda who looked at the girl with an expression the mix of concerned and sad. Sister Krone looked over at Gilda, her eye's narrowing. Maiko looked over as Yvette pulled on her hand. She excused herself from the small girl before walking in the direction Emma and (Y/N) went.

"Sorry for the wait!" (Y/N) apologized to Norman as she and Emma jogged up the hill to meet him, Maiko coming up behind them.

"Let's go!" Emma smiled as Maiko came and stood beside (Y/N).

***

"The ears, huh?"

"Uh-huh! I wouldn't have figured it out if Maiko hadn't pointed it out." Emma told them, (Y/N) nodding in agreement.

"I'm sure you two were about to find out, I just beat you to the punch." Maiko shrugged.

"But it's true, I'd have never noticed if you didn't tell me. But you can definitely feel it in there once you know where it is." Ray said.

"This is also the first I hear about these "blood testing markings"..." Norman said.

"Ditto."

"Who would've thought the scars were small enough to fade that quickly?" Norman said as he felt the back of his ear.

"Yeah... But they really do. I'm sorry... I knew about it all along but it never struck me as odd until now." Emma looked down at her feet. Fidgeting with the ball in her hands.

"No, you've done quite well, Emma! We now have knowledge on the location, shape and size of these trackers! Thanks to you, we're able to move onto the next step!" Norman said.

"Up next is..."

"How to get rid of them!" The five said in unison.

"What should we do? Even if we made an incision and looked around..." (Y/N) trailed off.

"We'd get busted right away." Maiko finished.