Chapter 33 | Execution - Part 1

I've been waiting for this day.

January 14th, 2046
11:38 PM

"Saying goodbye to the house..." Ray said.

"Yeah... It's your birthday tomorrow, isn't it." Maiko said.

"That's right...tonight is my last night here..." Ray trailed off.

He then looked up at the three girls.

"Hey...you haven't really given up, have you, Maiko, (Y/n), Emma?"

Emma stood still before she looked up at Ray, a smirk on her face.

***

"He's gone. I let him leave... I couldn't do anything. No! Grieve afterwards! You can mourn later! Think, for Norman's sake! What is it that I need to do now?! From now on, Mama will control us directly. Without using Ray, she'll restrain us directly- If that's the case, Mama will definitely do surveillance. She'll watch us herself. Her number one objectives here are me, (Y/n), Ray, and Maiko. So, what I should be doing right now is- Nothing. Hide our fangs, and our claws. And I know what it is that Mama will see."

"Information isn't just about words" Sister Krone quoted.

"Our plans, and our goals...don't let her see them. And don't let Mama's watching every little move, the slightest reaction. Don't be distracted. There is nothing I can do, there is nothing I should do. It's painful, it's frustrating, all I want to do is grieve."

"Give up, and let yourself feel better." Isabella had said.

"But..."

"It's all going to be fine. Never, ever give up, okay?"

"There's no way I'd give up now! I will not let Norman's death be in vain. I'll fool them all! Without fail, I'll outwit Mama, and I'll make this escape a success!"

***

"That's right. We haven't given up. And you haven't either, have you?" Emma smiled.

"That's right. In the end, we were thinking the same thing." Ray pointed out, a smirk on his face.

"Yeah... Pretend to have given up, while proceeding with the escape." Maiko said.

"Let's run away, Ray. That's what Emma, Maiko and I came here to talk to you about." (Y/n) told him.

"Good timing. I also have something I want to talk about. After all, with Mama's eyes on us for the past two months, we haven't been able to speak freely." Ray said.

"Yeah. I didn't want Mama to notice my real goal, anyway." Emma told him.

"Your real goal?" Ray questioned.

"Yeah. Mama is hard to beat. We were always being watched. She'd never loosen her vigilance. Even though you, Maiko, (Y/n), and I did nothing at all during that time, she never stopped watching us. That's how cautious she is. But if that's how things are, we can make use of them. If I am able to make her watch me closely, it means I can deflect attention from others who are not me." Emma explained.