Chapter 25 | Investigation - Part 1

The investigation. Climbing atop the wall, taking a look at the outside world, and deciding our routes and necessities.

"Sister Krone already knows what we're up to. Mama likely suspects us. We've got to hurry! As soon as we're done with this, we're out of here. As soon as tomorrow...before Mama and Sister Krone make their move!!" Emma thought.

***

At the house, Don, Gilda, (Y/N), and Maiko stood outside. Gilda held a small child in her arms as the four of them stared out into the woods where Norman and Emma had disappeared into.

"Ray will distract Mama...while Norman and Emma investigate... Meanwhile..." (Y/N)'s thoughts trailed back to the conversation about their plan.

-Flashback-

"In the event I fail to distract Mama, I'll give you three a sign. As soon as you three see this, rush to tell Emma and Norman to retreat!" Ray told Maiko, Gilda, (Y/N), and Don

-Flashback End-

"Please work out!!" Gilda thought.

The four began to walk around the grounds, as to not act weird to the other children while they kept their eyes on the window.

***

"Okay. Let's go switch out the drugs with fakes." Ray said.

He and Isabella were inside, standing in a completely deserted hallway.

"Sure." The woman agreed.

The two then headed towards the stairs and began to walk up them.

"Strange. Why haven't I seen Krone in a while? Where is she now?" Ray wondered.

"I've eliminated her." Isabella spoke up.

"Huh?" Ray turned his head, he held onto the railing of the stairs.

Isabella smirked, her eyes narrowing.

"I've eliminated Sister Krone."

Ray's eyes widened and he dashed up the stairs. He threw open the door to the room that once belonged to Sister Krone. He stared in shock as the room was completely empty. Isabella then came up behind him and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"I no longer had any use for her, so I swiftly eliminated her."

Ray turned his head a bit behind him to look at Isabella.

"And I no longer have any use for you, either."

"What?" Ray asked.

"Our "trade" ends here and now." Isabella told him.

Ray turned around to face the woman.

"Wha... I'm fired?! Why...don't you need me?! You used me to control all those kids, in an indirect way!" Ray shouted.

"You're right."

"I did my job well! I..." Ray trailed off.

Isabella leaned down so her face was close to Ray's.