Chapter 24 | Eradicate!

This is a farm. We are food.

"Somebody go call Mama and Sister Krone!"

"Okay!"

Our plan will be executed within 6 days.

***

"This is from headquarters. Go on, take a look." Isabella handed the letter to Sister Krone.

Sister Krone hastily took the letter and the letter opener and opened up the letter. Her eyes skimmed over the words and her eyes widened.

"No. 18684", A.K.A. "Sister Krone"... You have been appointed the position of Mama of Plantation Number 4. Wha- Me... A Mama?!" She exclaimed in shock.

"Yes. Our parting is regrettable, but that's how things are. The previous Mama who worked at Plantation No. 4 suddenly became unavailable to work. Since I've sent a letter of recommendation for you in the past, they took that into consideration as well and made you the next Mama! Grandma is at the gate, waiting for you. Please pack up your belongings and head straight over." Isabella told Sister Krone.

"A letter of recommendation...for me? Right...now?" She questioned.

"Farewell. I wish all the best to you at the new plantation!" Isabella smiled.

"This is bad. This is a trap!! A sudden open spot? Changing out Mamas this quickly?! It's all too good to be true. She has no reason to recommend me to the higher-ups either. Shouldn't she be trying to bait me out of this place...after the issue with those brats is resolved?! This is definitely a trap. I'm either a nuisance to her...or she's realized something about me. This woman has full intentions of getting rid of me!! The issue right now...is the fact that this letter is no mere fake put together by Isabella. I have no idea how she did it, but it seems like she's managed to somehow convince the HQ to write a letter specifically directed to me. In other words... I have no way of refusing to follow these orders! The contents may all be a lie, but the letter itself is no fake. They've given me no option but to head over to the gate this instant! To top it off, she seems to have rated me out...before I managed to rat her out to the higher-ups! What it looks like, both the HQ and Grandma seem to completely trust her. If I manage to Skip this note to Grandma or someone in a similar position... At this point, I can't even say for certain that they'll believe me even with the evidence I have! Will this all go to waste, here and now?!" Sister Krone thought.

"What's wrong? Are you dissatisfied with something?" Isabella asked.

"No, it's an amazing honor. I will get ready immediately!" Krone replied.

"This bitch...!"

***

Isabella has left Sister Krone to pack up her things before heading to the gate.

"I won't give up! It's time I go on a gamble and make a direct appeal. There's no way I'm going to let you have your way, Isabella!" She thought.

***

"Mama! Sister Krone! Food's ready!" Phil called as he rang the bell.

The small boy ran into Isabella's office, a small girl trailing in behind him.

"Huh? Isn't Sister Krone with you? Is she in her room?" He asked.