Chapter 28 | We Won't Let You Die

"Norman... You need to escape by yourself tomorrow at noon." Ray told him.

Norman stared at his four friends in shock before he smiled at them.

"I'm sorry, but I c-"

"No."

Norman stared at his friends with a nervous smile on his face. Ray picked up a stool and handed it to Norman as he continued.

"Listen here. To be more specific, we want you to pretend to escape tomorrow."

"Huh?" Norman questioned in surprise.

"We'll disable your tracker, and you can pretend that you've left us. However, in reality, we'll have you hiding within house grounds until Emma's leg heals." Maiko explained.

"And on the day we can all finally escape together, we'll have you come with us!" Emma added.

Ray sat down on the bed at Emma's feet beside (Y/n) while Maiko stood against the bed frame.

"Until then, you'll be "gone" from the house, so you're free to leave and investigate whenever you'd like. Since you don't "exist", we won't have any issues meeting back up with you either." Ray said.

Norman had set the glass down on the nightstand next to Emma.

"But... Even if it's all a lie, if they think I've successfully made my escape, the security around here would..."

"No problem." Ray dismissed Norman's worries. "Judging from the way this house works, I highly doubt they'll be able to change too much in terms of security."

"The way this house works?" Norman questioned.

"1) This house values the mental and physical health of its products before death. 2) This house does everything it can to hide its secrets." Ray explained.

He then held out one of his fingers.

"The first rule is maintained in order to help the brain reach its full potential of development. For the brain to fully develop, not only must one be raised with a good education...but also with a healthy amount of love and physical exercise. The minimum requirement for any product that comes out of the Grace Field House is "cage-free, healthy and raised with love"."

He held out a second finger.

"The second rule is maintained for similar reasons. Those demons would never dare intentionally show themselves to us. One, obviously because any sane kid would run if they saw anything like them...but also because controlling the children with fear won't get them the right kind of quality brains."

Ray let's his fingers relax.

"That's why they go out of their way and hire humans to take care of us. That's why they go out of their way to make up this elaborate imaginary setting for us to live in. From this, we can gather...that those demons won't be able to take away much, if any of the freedom we already currently have. They won't be able to make any obvious changes to the house grounds in order to restrain us. Heck, they won't even be able to increase the height of the wall surrounding this place much, since it might stress the kids out if they look outside and all they can see in the distance is a huge wall. If anything at all, they'll increase the number of caretakers keeping their eyes on us. That's nothing at all. We can deal with it. No, we will deal with it!" Ray exclaimed.