Chapter 17 | The Secret Room and William Minerva - Part 2

"So the hidden door...must be behind this shelf." Don said.

He and Gilda were in Mama's office and standing in front of a bookcase.

"...Are you really sure about this?" Gilda asked, sounding unsure.

"If you're not, then don't come." Don told her.

"I won't feel satisfied unless I go. You feel the same way, don't you?" Don's previous words rang through her head.

"I can't keep my calm like those four can! I want to do everything I possibly can... To help save her!" Don shouted as he pulled on the bookshelf, trying to find the secret passage.

"Don... Could it be that..."

"GOD DAMMIT! It's so heavy, it won't even budge!" Don kicked the bookshelf. "Anyway... I just want to find out more... About the true Mama."

Gilda tensed up. She remained silent before she walked over to the bookshelf.

"Observe the structure." She said.

She then pushed the bookshelf back and then slid it to the side, revealing a door.

"OOH!" Don exclaimed in surprise.

"Let's go in!" Gilda said, determined.

"I also want to know more."

***

"William Minerva, huh..."

"Wait...so this logo..." Norman trailed off.

"It's called an ex librus!" Emma exclaimed.

"Ex libris, you mean." Maiko corrected.

"The attached piece of paper that shows who owns a book." Ray said, karate chopping Emma on the back of the head.

"The owner of the book before it came here."

"This library is actually filled with his books. The ones Emma brought here are only a small portion of his collection that we have access to." Ray told them.

"So... What about this "secret message" you mentioned before?" Norman asked the optimistic girl.

"Look closely at all of these marks." Emma said.

She opened up more of the books she brought and laid them out. Norman began to study them.

"They're all the same exact owl. There's slight differences in the printing but other than that..."

"Wait a minute, these circles..." Norman finally noticed.

"Yup!"

"They're diagrams in Morse Code!"

"Correct." Said Ray.

R.U.N.

D.O.U.B.T.

D.A.N.G.E.R.