Chapter 21 | An Obvious Trap

"No. 18684: Krone. From today on, you are able to work towards your ultimate goal of becoming a "Mama"."

Our teacher, known as "Grandma", told me: you must compete. This is how we must "survive".

***

"Come right in." Sister Krone opens her bedroom door to Norman, Maiko, (Y/N), and Emma. "Now... What would you like to know?"

-Flashback-

"Are you seriously going?! It's Sister Krone!" Gilda exclaimed.

Right now the seven were inside of the library.

"She did say that she'd tell us anything." Emma said.

"But what if...her true intentions look like this?!" Gilda panicked, thinking of Sister Krone being a spider and leading butterflies, (Y/N), Maiko, Emma and Norman, into her web.

"We'll be okay. We already know what the enemy wants." Norman assures her.

"It's to make us trust her enough to stop pieces of useable "evidence" in front of her." Maiko said.

"That's right. So our job is to prevent that from happening. We'll never trust her, and we'll never let her gain any evidence. However, we will gain information from her." (Y/N) told them.

"Anyway..."

Emma pulled Don and Gilda into a huddle.

"We've got to take advantage of everything we can."

"Keep in mind that there's no guarantee she'll tell us the complete truth." Ray told them.

"I agree. I predict that she'll be throwing at least a few lies here and there. But I still want to make use of her to the fullest. We'll gain information and we'll feed her with lies as well." Norman said.

"In essence, all we have to do is to make sure we don't give ourselves away."

***

"Fire away, kids!" Sister Krone said.

"Are you sure we can ask you about anything?" Maiko asked.

"Let's plan out our questions before we leave."

"Oh, yes. Anything, whether it's about the farm, the headquarters, or-"

"How about "what it feels like to be an adult who murdered children"?" Maiko cut her off.

Sister Krone's eyes narrowed.

"Yes. I can answer that too, and anything else you'd like to know." She replied.

"Then..."

"Our first demand will be..."

"Show is that thing. The device you adults use to track us kids." (Y/N) said.

"Oh... Of course." She pulls out the tracker and hands it to them. "What do you think? Pretty simple, isn't it? You can't really identify who each mark represents. But I'm impressed that you already knew about the trackers."